Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

Don't buy from motobuys they're bad at getting you paperwork

Motobuys out of Scotsdale Az sucks at getting you your paperwork. what should take no more then a week and be automatic has now reached a month 3 phone calls and an email this is just stupidity and laziness on there part. My next step is contacting a lawyer and suing motobuys for selling a vehicle without paperwork.
Poop happens

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-22-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #2

Oh and they still haven't done a thing to get me my paperwork the same sorry excuse they give everyone were trying it's the factories fault. Hey motobuys get your lazy sales force to at least contact the buyer and update them.
Poop happens

Old 03-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #3

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee47512 View Post
Oh and they still haven't done a thing to get me my paperwork the same sorry excuse they give everyone were trying it's the factories fault. Hey motobuys get your lazy sales force to at least contact the buyer and update them.
I'm going on a month myself. I call them weekly. I think it's being sent now according to the last call I made I'm going to call again tomorrow. Same issue here, it's them, not us explanation which I think in my case is true. But I am not going to stop. I was calling weekly but if I don't see it next week, it's 2 a week , rattle the cage until they eventually do something to make you stop bugging. The only thing, if you are a d*#k about it they will ignore you. Just stay cool and keep up the pressure. I just look foward, When I get my mso I will be done with them for good!

lawsuit is last resort and take time and money. If so, start documenting everything (calls time etc).takes a lot of work !

This is the price we pay for such great value product.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #4

Haven't been a dk this last call was the first time i mentioned a lawyer. How long does it take to update the buyer of hey we are working on it not just leaving you hanging something as simple as that would a. make the buyer feel like they're not trying to screw them over and b. show that they're working on it. How long does an email take?
Poop happens

Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #5

everything has been done by email and cellphone. Everything is easily provable my email with original order that was in February I have the bike with no paperwork. Even Lionel Hutz could win that case.
Poop happens

Old 03-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #6

I had a wait from Superior (about a month or better) but I wasn't in a hurry because the quad was never leaving my property, so I didn't care much. I think with most of these high volume sales warehouses who move shiploads of product, they probably have a bank of phone sales people and one poor college student locked in a tiny back office (picture no windows and one swinging lightbulb on a cord) buried in mountains of DMV paperwork....who may be replaced regularly because the job sucks and pays minimal. Just my guess......

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I had a wait from Superior (about a month or better) but I wasn't in a hurry because the quad was never leaving my property, so I didn't care much. I think with most of these high volume sales warehouses who move shiploads of product, they probably have a bank of phone sales people and one poor college student locked in a tiny back office (picture no windows and one swinging lightbulb on a cord) buried in mountains of DMV paperwork....who may be replaced regularly because the job sucks and pays minimal. Just my guess......
you certainly painted a picture
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-16-2016, 05:13 PM   #8

And here I had thought Motobuys had cleaned their act up after
taking 9 weeks to get me my MCO because, you guessed it, "the factory blah blah blah blah"
Funny that, I have yet to hear of this problem with CSC.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 AM   #9

I was just discussing this with Alan from Excalibur Motorsports. Their main line of business is TGB scooters, but they can get any bike that Taotao sells (and has at their So. Cal. warehouse), as well as other local brands like Icebear or SSR. He told me it should not take more than 2 or 3 days to get one in the mail for an end user. Keep in mind that they are distributors as well as a retail dealer, so they are more used to dealing with dealers who need the paperwork, pronto! Alan mentioned, even as a retailer, that he can see no reason for a delay of more than a few days before getting them in the mail, and that the paperwork ends up meeting with the bike as those take a few days to arrive.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-17-2016, 01:55 AM   #10

That is basically what Adam from rps said rps is the only distributor for the hawks. So motobuys sat on their hands for four weeks I really don't get why these companies do this. Like with Louis they will never get another chance with me. Too bad for them I buy a new motorcycle or scooter every year way to crap yourself out of repeat business.
Poop happens

Old 03-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #11

So I got a hawk a couple weeks ago and quite a few friends are asking about it and china bikes in general. I refer them to this forum. I'm sure this is the case with many of you. So the lesson learned is, if your customer service is crap or your company name gets smack-talked, it could cost you sales. For me, from order to delivery (1 week) and plates( 1 week) 2 weeks and legal on the road, which was pretty nice.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:04 AM   #12

This is pretty much how it should be done. A couple weeks is about the maximum acceptable time for a street-legal bike's peperwork, in my opinion. I think ASPCUSA (not sure if I got all the letters correct, and I am not looking to see if I got them in order) seems to be up there for customer satisfaction/paperwork. A couple others, too (I am referring to enduro/dual-sports) had good reviews. Motobuys--not so much...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
This is pretty much how it should be done. A couple weeks is about the maximum acceptable time for a street-legal bike's peperwork, in my opinion. I think ASPCUSA (not sure if I got all the letters correct, and I am not looking to see if I got them in order) seems to be up there for customer satisfaction/paperwork. A couple others, too (I am referring to enduro/dual-sports) had good reviews. Motobuys--not so much...
I'm sure this is like any other company though, whether it's selling CB's or kitchen appliances. If the management's M.O. is putting all of their energy into sales and moving product for numbers, then customer service will suffer, especially the dreaded paper work end of it. It's generally one swamped desk. I've managed service departments much of my past career. Generally speaking, service is not a profitable section of a company. It either breaks even to cover expenses, profits very little, or is an overhead some months out of the year, especially compared to sales or supplies. I've found that if a company is having regular complaints about customer service, it's not a fluke, it's how they operate.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-24-2016, 05:18 AM   #14

They are HORRIBLE with paper work and BILL from motobuys is one salty dude.

2015 Haosen Hawk
1989 Kawasaki EX500
1991 Suzuki DR350