Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #1

Riding the Madass 50--and it is Chinese this time

Here is me riding the Sach's Madass 50 moped; while its 50cc 4-stroke was down on power compared to the TGB X-Race and Key West 2-stroke scooters (duh!), I have to say this scooter felt very solid overall, well-built, and I liked the seating better than the scooters because it is built like an enduro motorcycle vs. well, a scooter!

The other advantage of this bike is the ease of upgrading parts, such as the handlebars, which can be replaced with most any MX motorcycle handlebars, as well as the ease of engine swapping with, say, a 125cc LIfan or even 140cc high output engine, or even bigger!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 AM   #2

That's a good looking moped. Thanks for posting the nice review and the video, Culcune.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #3

Cool video. I've always liked the looks of the Madass bike. Like a modern, street-oriented Trail 90. It would make a great city cruiser!

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 04-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #4

Excalibur had tried to make a deal with the company that has the rights to the 125cc version--but the company was playing hardball (and are not importing the 125cc bike themselves!). Moto Scoot of Milwaukee have wanted the moped version of this bike, and convinced Wade (others, too) that this bike would be a good seller.

The last time we had a 50cc, some were manual 4-speeds, so were technically not legal as mopeds in those states that still allow for different licensing (or no licensing) for 49.9cc and under 'scooter/mopeds.'

Keeping it stock would make for a great around town cruiser, with style, but modifying it, especially with a larger crate or donor engine is easy and doable which is why I would buy one of these. No, it wouldn't be modified right away (heck, by the time I was even close to doing so, we would probably have 125cc's again), but once the engine was tired and showing its age would be a good time!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard