Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike View Post
I'm still getting used to reading the # pages in reverse lol.
Click on User CP in the upper left corner of your screen, then click Edit Options in the left pane, scroll down to Thread Display Options to arrive at Thread Display Options. Look for Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Oldest First. Let me know if that helped.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-29-2017, 11:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Click on User CP in the upper left corner of your screen, then click Edit Options in the left pane, scroll down to Thread Display Options to arrive at Thread Display Options. Look for Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Oldest First. Let me know if that helped.
worked perfect! Thx a lot! Post some pics of your blaster clone when you have free time. Would like to see how intake/motor/exhaust is setup! Any mods that I can do to raise hp/tq a little plz advise. What do you think about the aftermarket rev did boxes?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #3

Quote:
worked perfect! Thx a lot! Post some pics of your blaster clone when you have free time. Would like to see how intake/motor/exhaust is setup! Any mods that I can do to raise hp/tq a little plz advise. What do you think about the aftermarket rev did boxes?
The power curve of this engine is, peak of a very user friendly torque curve, is at 5000 rpm. Horsepower is 7400-7500. Rev limiter is set at 8500, so no need to play with the rev limiter. It protects the engine from things like missed shifts and broken chains. The aftermarket CDI units have not proved out as an improvement, according to several people who have tried them. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to get a smooth advance curve into a CDI, at an affordable price, but not so far. Induction and exhaust is where to start. There is a very good extractor exhaust sold on e-bay for around $120.00 or so. A Mikuni carburetor is the easiest to tune, because of parts availability, such as jets. If you go that route, use only genuine Mikuni jets. Most of the others are not accuratly made....ARH

Old 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
...running a 30 slow jet and a 110 main at sea level, with the pilot mixture screw out one turn.
btw. These are Mikuni spec that different from Keihin (& copy)

Old 09-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #5

Good catch, HB. I forgot to mention that I'm running a Mikuni.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #6

Mike, have you had a look at the vent hose? Ensure that it is free from obstructions and that it is not kinked.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Mike, have you had a look at the vent hose? Ensure that it is free from obstructions and that it is not kinked.
I dont see a vent hose on the carb?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #8

It's not on the carb. It's a hose that is connected to the top of the engine (underneath the carb), and then it usually routes down behind the swingarm and points at the ground. It must not be kinked or plugged.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #9

Quote:
It's not on the carb. It's a hose that is connected to the top of the engine (underneath the carb), and then it usually routes down behind the swingarm and points at the ground. It must not be kinked or plugged.
Oh ok. I know its not kinked but ill check if its plugged. Thx

Old 10-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #10

Ok had some time to work on atv today. I put a 105 main in. Stock didn't have a size on it but I used the drill bit method and it was smaller then a 105. I tried 40,42,45 piolet jets and it runs best with the 45. I have mixture screw 2 turns out and needle in the middle position. Response is a lot better but still needs tunning. How does this carb setup sound to you? Only thing different from stock is 6" long hose of carb with clamp on air filter. Wants stock needle position? The vent tube off motor is clean and not kinked. Still smoked like a mother. Hard to read the plug due to that. Thx

Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Ok had some time to work on atv today. I put a 105 main in. Stock didn't have a size on it but I used the drill bit method and it was smaller then a 105. I tried 40,42,45 piolet jets and it runs best with the 45. I have mixture screw 2 turns out and needle in the middle position. Response is a lot better but still needs tunning. How does this carb setup sound to you? Only thing different from stock is 6" long hose of carb with clamp on air filter. Wants stock needle position? The vent tube off motor is clean and not kinked. Still smoked like a mother. Hard to read the plug due to that. Thx
Just curious. What color is the smoke?...ARH

Old 10-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Just curious. What color is the smoke?...ARH
Whitish

Old 10-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #13

If you have an air compressor I would like to suggest a leak down test. This can help narrow down a few possibilities very quickly, such as excessive ring blow by. With the engine on the compression stroke and both valves closed, feed air into the cylinder and look/feel/listen for escaping air. If you get a strong steady flow of air from the crankcrase breather port, then that will tell you all you need to know about the ring seal.

Or an even simpler cold compression test might be all it takes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
If you have an air compressor I would like to suggest a leak down test. This can help narrow down a few possibilities very quickly, such as excessive ring blow by. With the engine on the compression stroke and both valves closed, feed air into the cylinder and look/feel/listen for escaping air. If you get a strong steady flow of air from the crankcrase breather port, then that will tell you all you need to know about the ring seal.

Or an even simpler cold compression test might be all it takes.
Good imfo thx. What psi range I'm I looking for?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #15

Im getting a leak down tester from work. How much psi should i set the tester at? 60-70? Also what approx psi compression should i have as im gonna check compression also. Thx