Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2016, 10:26 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Spring update. My Kinroad was hibernating all winter long in the basement. I pulled it out today to see if it would start. I have expected it wouldn't... that the battery would have been weak and cranking it over would wear it down. But I was pleasantly surprised when I gave it full choke, a slight bit of throttle and hit the starter button. Fired right up and ran without hesitation. Glad I had put some stabil in the fuel... probably helped.

Took it out for a ride... and it's running well still. Great little China bike!

Cheers!
Excellent news! My X-Moto spends a lot of time in hibernation, as well. It's very similar to your Kinroad and usually fires right up if the battery is still good. The 163FML is a heck of a motor. Very reliable.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #122

Did a couple mods to the Kinroad today.

Had to give-up my mad-max black front fender from my parts bike when I sold it... so needed a new one. Didn't want to run the giant sail of the original (and too nice to cut it up)... so bought a cheap $12 blue plastic motoX fender. Holes didn't line up perfect... had to enlarge a slightly re-align them... but fit well after that. A little small... haha... but better than nothing... and the blue is surprisingly close in color.

I had seen some talk here about universal gear indicators... so I scoped out my bike and found that it did in fact have the 6 wires off the shifter... although only 1 was used (neutral) in my wire harness. So I bought the $3 LED indicator. The indicator connector was female... so was my shifter wire connector. Plus it was too short in length. So I bought a pack of matching connectors and pins... used 2 male connectors and pins and made an extender cable with the 6 wires to be able to connect it all together. Had to map the pins to gears on both my shifter wire connector and the indicator connector. Then just pinned my patch cable accordingly. I then tapped the ignition-on power wire off my ignition for the juice. Zip-tied the wires neatly... and used some velco to mount the LED gear indicator to my dash lights. No longer have the neutral light... but the indicator reads '0' for neutral... so all is good. Tested it out and it works great. Very sweet mod for < $10.

Time to ride!
Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 06-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #123

Nice work there ripster
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-19-2016, 12:25 PM   #124

Nicely done! I did something similar on my Lifan, using parts from my Roketa.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #125

What's the difference between the xt200gy and the xt200py