Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #1

Kymco People GTi300 2015

Last couple of months I looked at many bikes not sure what I was going to buy. I was aming for practicality, comfort and of course to be economical. I never thought I would get a scooter, I was just considering them, until I saw kymco at the dealer. We liked it a lot. But he didn't have black colour.

This is the pic of the scooter the day I got it.

When we rang the other dealer who had the black colour he told us how good this scooter is. So at $5,999 ride away price it was clear winner.

We draw 250km (155 miles) to get it. The ride back home was excellent. We avoided the highway as much as possible.

There is a youtube video which I'll include the link for. In case somebody is looking in getting this bike or scooter whichever you prefer to call it.

I am just over 800km (500 miles) so far I am really happy with the scooter. It's so effortless riding it. I can put a backpack in front without needing to use bungee cords, without losing much leg room.

As they say there is no perfect bike. But this one comes close to it in my opinion. The only negative, which I would say is the small fuel tank. But this scooter is designed for urban use rather than touring. The seat is on the firm side I am talking about the riders'. Some people have complained about it but I don't have issue with it.

If you are around 5.10 tall and taller it will suit you fine. It can carry 2 people with no issues.

This is a brief description/review as I only had it for a month. I am still getting used to it and breaking it in. Already have changed engine oil and gear oil at 500km (310 miles).

youtube video

kymco people gt 300i - 2012 model

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

Nice scoot! I miss my Honda Silverwing scoot... it was a blast and so easy to ride.

Enjoy the ride. Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 10-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #3

This guy has done excellent review of the scooter plus some windscreens for the scoot. There is a lot to read so it's for those who are looking into getting one or considering.

http://www.justgottascoot.com/peoplegti300.htm

I got 2 things for the kymco people gti300. Because there are two helmets which i can't put underneath the seat. I decided to get a good cable lock. The one I got is called master lock python.

Master Lock Python

Because the fuel tank is underneath the seat when refuelling I didn't know what to do with my helmet in other words where to place it.

This is what I got.

for the guys in u.s
http://thehelmethook.com/products/the-helmet-hook

australian distributor
http://www.helmethookaustralia.com/

They have excellent customer service. Fairly easy to install and it works fine.

And of course some pics of my new kymco people gti300 2015 model. This is from last week.

28 litre backpack, but it can fit bigger there is room.

You can see on my left handlebar helmet hook.

You can use led lights as running light. Also the main light is very effective at night.

Turn signals are really bright and big. They are led too.

The rear light is huge. Hope you enjoy. My main camera decided to take an early retirement. So had to resort to my phone. I am new to scooters so if there are any tips or anything I should know please let me know.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #4

Cool scoot! I've never heard of a 300cc air-cooled scooter.

I'd not only change the engine oil, but also the transmission oil at the back of the CVT. Since you don't have a wet clutch, you can use regular 10W30 in the engine, and 75W90 synthetic gear oil in the transmission.

I really like those large wheels. What speed can you comfortably cruise at?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 AM   #5

Thank you ripcuda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Cool scoot! I've never heard of a 300cc air-cooled scooter.
Thank you Weld. I think it's typo on their part. Probably too busy making scooters.

I've changed engine and transmission oil . This is what I used for transmission. For engine I used Valvoline 15x40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I really like those large wheels. What speed can you comfortably cruise at?
They do look cool. I really don't know, it's a good question. I would say it would be between 80km - 100km. I've seen people take it up to 160km.

In this video you can see it doesn't take much to get to 80+km

Old 10-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #6

So, is it a 300cc liquid-cooled motor?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #7

Yes it's definately liquid cooled. Now that I looked at the specifications I can see the confusion. It does say air cooled in the left column, but in the right column next to it says it's liquid cooled.
Kymco downtown 300cc has the same engine as this one from my understanding and it's liquid cooled too.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:05 AM   #8

That's a nice scooter. Thanks for posting the review, Pliskin.

Please tell me your Zong is not jealous of the new scooter, and is receiving some love, and riding time.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-16-2015, 05:40 AM   #9

Thank you Spud.

I still like my Zong very much. For now they are both sharing equal time. It's good to have 2 bikes for sure. I can now better appreciate FastDocs philosophy on many bikes in the stable.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #10

Indeed, different tools (bikes) for different jobs.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894