Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Probably why they didn't continue them...cheaper bike selling like hotcakes cutting into KP Mini sales
Ha probably, It also reminds me of the kymco spade, I like the spade but not its price point.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Ha probably, It also reminds me of the kymco spade, I like the spade but not its price point.
Have you seen this thread? Member SamM bought and built up a Spade; looks like a fun bike for sure, and resembles the Ape.

www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19951

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Have you seen this thread? Member SamM bought and built up a Spade; looks like a fun bike for sure, and resembles the Ape.

www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19951
Ya seen that thread, Good one.

I was going to get the spade. I went down to place to check it out and the kymco k-pipe, but I didn't love it. I mainly didn't like the duel shook on the spade.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
It a great lil bike, I really like it. My biggest gripe is the cheap plastic fairings and trim pieces. Mine have already broke/cracked in several places. I hear first gen Grom fairings will fit, but I'm not 100% sure. What I really would like to do is strip it down to make it look like a Honda Ape but with a horizontal engine. It might be a challenge to find a fuel tank/seat combo that would work. My fabrication skills are limited but I think it would be a fun project. Any suggestions?
Been thinking about putting a standard type headlight and changing the rear set to something simpler without passenger pegs. Not sure what to do about the fairings, headlight might look funny.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #20

Ive been looking into the Kymco Spade the last couple of days, I really like it. I like the retro look, I like that it doesnt have plastic fairings, I like that you probably wont have to do a bunch of mods to make it road worthy, I hate the looks of the exhaust though. There could be one of these in my future. Ive never seen one in person, just pics and vids on youtube. It looks bigger than my Hellcat but the wheel base is actually an inch shorter. I wonder how good the fuel injection system is? 5 gears, 4 valve head, made in Taiwan. Is there a Taiwanriders forum?

Old 06-11-2018, 04:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
Ive been looking into the Kymco Spade the last couple of days, I really like it. I like the retro look, I like that it doesnt have plastic fairings, I like that you probably wont have to do a bunch of mods to make it road worthy, I hate the looks of the exhaust though. There could be one of these in my future. Ive never seen one in person, just pics and vids on youtube. It looks bigger than my Hellcat but the wheel base is actually an inch shorter. I wonder how good the fuel injection system is? 5 gears, 4 valve head, made in Taiwan. Is there a Taiwanriders forum?
"Taiwanriders forum?"

Ha! don't think so. Know a guy did a bunch of videos on youtube about the spade.
I don't like low mount exhaust, ya i love the no plastic . I was really close to buying the spade but decided I should learn more on a cheaper bike. I should of took it for a test ride. From what i remember it definitely felt smaller then the Hellcat. Seemed like a solid well made bike.

Last edited by Chinabike; 06-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:30 AM   #22