Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #31

Cool. Quite interesting and condensed packaging in there. Well hidden from the outside.

Still like the look of the frame...even with all the downsides!

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 06-15-2015, 04:29 PM   #32

So, we went up to the mountains of northern Georgia this past weekend and did the 21st annual "Hooch" 2-day dual-sport ride in the Chattahoochee National Forest, put on by the Georgia Recreational Trail Riders Assoc.

2 days of 65% forest service roads, 25% paved mountain twisties, 10% pretty rugged jeep trails. The event headquartered out of the Skeenah Creek Campground, about 15 miles from Two Wheels of Suches campground in Suches Georgia. Lunches both days and dinner Saturday was included.

The 250 performed great from beginning to end! Other than that miniscule tank, it was great. Plenty strong enough to haul my 210-lb girth (not including gear!) up and down the trails! My son went along on the 'mothership' XT225, carrying a gallon of fuel for me, tools and water/snacks. I refueled at about 45 miles, then again at lunch, etc. All together, I put about 150 miles on the bike. We skipped out on the 'official' Sunday morning bit, opting to do a bit of exploring on our own, including some regular hiking.

Got a lot of positive comments at the campground from folks wondering what it was. Gotta have thick skin riding this in a pretty hard-core group like that. Lotta serious drinkers of the orange KTM Kool-Aid there. Quite a few plated 'legal' 2-stroke racers there too.

I'm ready to go back!

Kirk

Here's our little group somewhere Saturday morning - my son on the mothership, my buddy on his DRZ400 and his 70-yr-old Dad on a Kawasaki SuperSherpa 250.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:10 AM   #33

That looks like great fun! It's cool that someone hauled an easy-up for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer