Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #1

Aftermarket airbox/filter

What size air filter/box do you need for the zongshen 200?

will one of thease work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36MM-Univers...4e1518&vxp=mtr

Old 06-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #2

Yes, but you must order the correct diameter filter. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where on the carburater that the size is measured (20mm, 30mm, etc). Maybe the carb size is in your owners manual.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:32 PM   #3

It is to my understanding that these bikes all have the carb connected to the engine and airbox with the rubber connector flanges. The problem here is that the carb is being supported on either side, and removing the airbox's support from the one side will cause excessive strain on the single engine-carb connector. Since this is rubber it will likely crack over time and then you will have an air leak. You need to find a solid bolt on connector that you can use to mount the carb to the engine before putting the new air filter on.

I was thinking about putting a new filter on my bike, but because of the issue i mentioned above I opted to drill a couple large holes in the airbox. This definitely gave the bike a throatier sound and slight bit better throttle response.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:57 PM   #4

The common carb used on these bikes is the PZ30. It takes a 42mm air filter on it's intake opening. I've heard the 41mm will also work. So that's probably what you need... but I would measure your carb opening... and convert to millimeters and search ebay for filters.

My carb intake to the engine is solid. It's metal with a rubber/plastic coating and bolted to the engine with two bolts... and two bolts for the carb to mount to the intake. I would have no worries about extra support for the carb using a clamp-on type air filter (instead of the stock airbox).

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
The common carb used on these bikes is the PZ30. It takes a 42mm air filter on it's intake opening. I've heard the 41mm will also work. So that's probably what you need... but I would measure your carb opening... and convert to millimeters and search ebay for filters.

My carb intake to the engine is solid. It's metal with a rubber/plastic coating and bolted to the engine with two bolts... and two bolts for the carb to mount to the intake. I would have no worries about extra support for the carb using a clamp-on type air filter (instead of the stock airbox).

Cheers!
HM... I Ordered a PZ27...think thats gonna be an issue?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
My carb intake to the engine is solid. It's metal with a rubber/plastic coating and bolted to the engine with two bolts... and two bolts for the carb to mount to the intake.
Cheers!
Was not aware of this, thank you for the info!