Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
i put 40/115 jets in my storm 250, have not touched the choke one time after that ... pilot is 1 1/2 turns out
have you checked the plugs? I'd think you gotta be running rich with a 40 in it. i'm only at 700 feet and thinking the 30 is too much. I'm going to give a 25 a try one of these days.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
have you checked the plugs? I'd think you gotta be running rich with a 40 in it. i'm only at 700 feet and thinking the 30 is too much. I'm going to give a 25 a try one of these days.
it i just a tiny bit rich, but not so bad that you smell it standing behind it running ... i think it is going to be right where it needs when i get my pipe and filter ... and is the pilot screw not a fuel adjustment if it is fuel and not an air adjustment, cant you just turn the pilot screw in until it is not so rich ... i love the way mine runs though and it starts really easy

Old 05-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #3

Nice bike! Your DB-07 looks very much like my Kinroad/GY... only newer with a few more cc's.

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 05-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #4

So, new problem with the Blaze. Went out to take it for a ride, turned the key and nothing, no lights no clicking nada. After a half hour of searching, I finally found my multimeter, and check open circuit voltage at the battery and I'm sitting at 8.2 volts.

I take it down to Advance, and test it out, and it's got a shorted cell. So $71 dollars later I have a new sealed AGM battery, get everything put back together and hooked up, and now the dash indicators stay on constantly. Basically it's like the ignition switch is bypassed, the bike will crank in any switch position. Clearly there's something wonky in the wiring between the ignition switch and the battery. I'm not sure if this is what ended up shorting the cell in the battery, or if it's new since install of the battery. I'm fairly certain it's new since I leave the lights in the on position, and the lights weren't on when I parked it last time.

Any one know of a wiring diagram for these bikes, to narrow down where to trouble shoot, or is it a matter of tearing it down and tracing every last bit of wiring to find the issue. for now I'm leaving the negative cable disconnected so I don't kill the new battery but that isn't really a good long term solution in my book.

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #5

Well, I have no idea what it was. I pulled the seat and side plastics of and fiddled with all the connections in that area. Hooked the battery back up, and the ignition switch is functioning normally again.

Went on a couple mile ride to verify all was functioning. I wanted to do more, but we got some mean clouds rolling in. So parked it and hooked it up to the tender until next time.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phager76 View Post
Well, I have no idea what it was. I pulled the seat and side plastics of and fiddled with all the connections in that area. Hooked the battery back up, and the ignition switch is functioning normally again.

Went on a couple mile ride to verify all was functioning. I wanted to do more, but we got some mean clouds rolling in. So parked it and hooked it up to the tender until next time.
I think you should pull the light Cowel and inspect the wires. I'm thinking you have pinched a wire where sometime it shorts and other times it won't according to the handlebar position.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~