Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

Couple of CG200 transmission questions...

I believe that I have a 'Hummer' dirtbike that has a Zongshen CG200 motor (I believe the standard 63.5 motor, not the 67mm CG200-B, even though with the name 'ZS167FML' emblazoned on the cases, it might imply otherwise). As I outlined in my earlier introduction, it has a bit of a funky shift pattern, neutral on the top, and 1-5 all down from there.

Is it possible to get a conventional shift drum and star gear to change this to a 1-down 4-up pattern (I don't see why not, but wondering if anyone has experience, otherwise I'm willing to be a guinea pig)? Has anyone done this? Also, if someone could give me a link to a conventional shift drum, that'd be great, I've searched a bit and not been able to find anything.

Also, inline with the previous question, knowing for sure that I have a CG copy (rather than the Yamaha copy), are both CG bottom ends, besides crank stroke, basically the same for both the 167FML and 163FML, assuming that they're both non-counterbalanced? I'm just curious in case I have to swap out a transmission to make this work.