Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #31

You're not going to need that Konker anymore Stew. I'll give it a good home.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Lol Hoping I still get some use out of it, it's a great bike! Novelty is on the KLR right now though. I'm raising it back up to stock height as the previous owner had lowered it. I couldn't get it insured yesterday though, it's on my insurance agents restricted list and it was after 4 so she couldn't phone head office to get it verified. Wawanesa classes a KLR as a "high performance" bike? Lol, dunno what they are smoking, it's like 38 horse

Old 04-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:
Lol Hoping I still get some use out of it, it's a great bike! Novelty is on the KLR right now though. I'm raising it back up to stock height as the previous owner had lowered it. I couldn't get it insured yesterday though, it's on my insurance agents restricted list and it was after 4 so she couldn't phone head office to get it verified. Wawanesa classes a KLR as a "high performance" bike? Lol, dunno what they are smoking, it's like 38 horse
It's all those cc's.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Quote:
It's all those cc's.
Maybe, either that or they have lots of claims on them. I think that's why they wont insure crotch rockets. They don't bat an eye on cruisers, no matter the size. Lol, I cry discrimination!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #35

Great news! Great looking bike.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #36

Wawanesa is an excellent insurance company to deal with IME. They're doing the right things with us on a roof leak. YMMV.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #37

Glad to see the bike in your garage. Enjoy. I can see me getting one (It would be my THIRD) Killer someday.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #38

Pretty nice bike, Whens the first vid of it in action?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Pretty nice bike, Whens the first vid of it in action?
Yup! Wheelie vids actually. :P

I do recall that we need more wheelie pics on here

Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #40

Lol! Think I'll hold off on the wheelie vids for a while... Don't bounce like I used to

Did a little wrenching on her Saturday morning and removed the lowering kit and put the forks right... Couple of inches taller now!

I have to insure through a different company as mine says it has "sport bike like attributes". No big deal but it will be $100 more in premiums per year. I usually just put liability on them and hope they don't get stolen. Collision and theft is oppresively expensive here!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #41

Very sweet bike!

A buddy of mine here at work has one. He says, "2 things.... If he's going to be streeting/highway a lot, get a bigger countershaft sprocket....and also, Google "KLR 650 Doo-hickey".

Enjoy it! He rides his everywhere. Supposed to be the best bang for the buck out there, in it's class.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #42

Finally (whew!) got it insured and registered tonight and took it for a little rip... 30 Km's went by in the blink of an eye . I absolutely love it!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Finally (whew!) got it insured and registered tonight and took it for a little rip... 30 Km's went by in the blink of an eye . I absolutely love it!
Git 'er done!

Nice to hear!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Good news! Plan for a ride out to coastal BC in the summer.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #45

A ride to the coast would be most awesome, I have never seen the ocean. I will have to see if I can get away for a few days in the summer, not too easy with the stuff on my plate though. Bike would definitely have no problems with it, I have about 110 kms on it and it feels like it could cruise all day long at 110 kmh (around 4500 rpm) without breaking a sweat.

Doc was bang on about the seat. It looks pretty, but it jams you into the tank and doesn't give you very much wiggle room on a longer jaunt. I think I will probably end up flogging it on ebay... Pity . All the work the previous owner had done to lower it and I have put it all back to stock!

All in all I am very impressed with the bike. It even feels better on the highway than the Shadow did, I think that's due to the standard riding position vs the cruiser position... The Shadow tended to give me a sore lower back and shoulders on longer rides. A very good swap methinks and if I flog the seat and the lowering links I will recoup some of the cash I had to kick in... Win/win

I can also see what Doc was talking about as far as it being too heavy for serious trail riding... I think you would have to be Arnie Shwartzenegger to toss this thing around! For commuting and fire roads it should be aces, for real trail riding I think I will opt for the trusty Konker... Bigger aint always better for everything!