Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #31

http://www.kingstire.com.cn/aboutus.htm

I do not think they are made in Japan.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #32

Interesting. The front fender, headlight and instruments are identical to the Q, but the Q has a tach where you have a temp gauge.

Great looking bike. I could totally be tempted!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #33

Since I don't have a plate I've been riding it close to home so I don't have any insight on real world cruising, but it is a very smooth bike to ride. Pretty quiet for a 400 as well. Very quick and surprisingly agile. I'll get it on the trails soon to test the forgiveness level of the thing

Daddy 8)

PS - Double Checked the tires. Unless Made in Japan means something else in Chinese then the meats on the bike were made on the island. Ya'all remember in the mid 80s about things made in "Usa", China back in the day.....

Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #34

I cant get over this bike...

Daddy,

What is the seat height on that bike?

When you received the bike, what prep was involved to get it in running condition?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #35

I'll get a measurement for you when I get home. As far as the prep stuff (other than the obvious checking nuts and bolts):
Handlebars / Clutch lever / turn signal switches
Battery
Front wheel
Turn signals front and rear

It was pretty EZ all things considered. Whole process took about 4.5 hours, but that included going through the bolts with a torque wrench, changing the oil, checking antifreeze, etc. Less 'stuff' to do than the Lifan out of the crate.

Daddy 8)

Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #36

Thanks.. I appreciate it. I know on the website it says 36" for seat height which seems tall to me. But that is comparable to a Suzuki Dr400 and probably sinks a bit when someone is seated.

My issue with my XR650L is the seat height is really high and that can get tiresome in stop and go city traffic.

I wonder are you able to sit on your bike, (like when you are at a stop sign) with both feet on the ground?

I guess I should also ask how tall you are too.. i am 5' 9" so i got short stubby legs.. LOL
:P

Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #37

I can't identify this engine. It looks alot like a DR400, but the oil filter is at the lowest point, below the cooling port. The XR series was air cooled, and the CRF series is just totally different. The KLR400 used a DR engine, so that's out. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy469

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #38

maybe its a kawasaki or suzuki ? or maybe they made their own motor

Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #39

I believe that it is a Xingyue 400y...if I had to guess....

http://xingyue.us/xy/web/product.php...=motor#picture

Old 08-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler
Thanks.. I appreciate it. I know on the website it says 36" for seat height which seems tall to me. But that is comparable to a Suzuki Dr400 and probably sinks a bit when someone is seated.

My issue with my XR650L is the seat height is really high and that can get tiresome in stop and go city traffic.

I wonder are you able to sit on your bike, (like when you are at a stop sign) with both feet on the ground?

I guess I should also ask how tall you are too.. i am 5' 9" so i got short stubby legs.. LOL
:P
OK, I measured it and the real life measurement to the lowest part of the saddle is 34". I'm 5'7" and my legs aren't super long. At a standstill I can put both feet amost flat on the ground. It is not uncomfortable and it doesn't feel awkward. My Lifan did the same thing to me when it was new - but this is a bigger bike so we shall see what we shall see.

Daddy 8)

Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I can't identify this engine. It looks alot like a DR400, but the oil filter is at the lowest point, below the cooling port. The XR series was air cooled, and the CRF series is just totally different. The KLR400 used a DR engine, so that's out. Anyone?
Its solely developed by Xingyue its not a Suzuki 400cc that engine is a DOHC the XY is a SOHC. The only real reason to match the engine to another would be for common parts....it matches no other engine.

It's kind of a good idea Xingyue use that engine on four other bikes and also on some ATV's and go carts. It their unversal 400cc but the other versions are vannila. But obviously they developed that gear case on their own as the ATV’s have five speeds with a reverse. It's bore and stroke do not match any other water cooled 400cc.

I think the frame and design are close to the DRZ400 very close but the engines are not even close.

You would get parts from Pitster or Xingyue Canada that also sell the bikes. If you live close to a dealer then you can or could get service on them, pitster does have dealers all over.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #42

got a link for the dealers or a site that some one could order parts for ? always on the look out for places to get motors from for my atv, and why go 250cc when i could retro a 400cc into it..

Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #43

www.pitsterpro.com

Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #44

the biggest engine they sell is a 155 or 160, no 400

Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #45

Can't wait to see more and hear about it.