Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Martin is quite a guy. 8) I of course have the theroetical advantage of being human. Plus I work. Martin The Cat is a sluggard. :?

The crops are what's called center pivot irrigation. It's very popular in this area of the country. They drill a well and a large wheeled rotating arm turns and water hundreds of acres at a time. It works well in desert areas with a close aquifer. The circles you saw were fairly close to the Columbia River.

Most of the circle crops here will be wheat, onions, potatos (I don't have the heart to tell Spud Washington grows more potatos than Idaho ), and other grains. Not much corn. I think that requires more water.

During the high G picture Melissa took we were at a 60 gegree angle pulling about 2.5-3 G's. Yank and bank, baby!

Melissa is a great shot. Remind me to not anger her any time in the future. She'd snipe my ass with that Ruger. If she was armed with a shotgun though I'd be safe. She needs a little more practice at skeet shooting. How's the shoulder, honey?

CR is a GREAT place to meet GREAT people. Melissa just happens to be a lot cuter than all of you! 8)
Hey now Doc, You've never seen me

Seriously it looks like You two had a lot of fun, Best wishes.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
...I saw those circle crops and thought crop circles; sort of an X-Files moment.
It's always interesting to hear the observations of people from elsewhere regarding something we consider commonplace. Center pivot irrigation is a very common sight throughout the Intermountain West, and the Inland Empire of the United States.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #18

>bump<

Where is Mel these days? Haven't noticed her in the forums of late.

Doc?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #19

Just talked to her today.

She's doing very well. She's more or less settled in, enjoying Oregon but still misses Arizona. Her kids are fine, and she has some of her artwork in an upcoming show.

She passed her MSF course, I have a pic of her I might be able to dig up. She does not have a bike just yet though.

Great girl!

She's on the bike in front. Sorry not the best pic but all I have here at work:

Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #20

Good to hear she's doing well, I was wondering about her the other day too, she was quite active on the forums then Poof! No sign of her anymore. Hope she finds another bike soon, I feel weird if I don't have one in the garage

Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #21

Maybe she doesn't like contests?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Maybe she doesn't like contests?
Hahaha.. best line I heard all night!! ..besides my kid telling me about how she saw 'snow leotardperds' at the Calgary Zoo via txt message.

Doc give Mel our regards and let her know we miss her female opinions on our male dominated forum here.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #23

i just love her tats.. something about girls with good ink work dont get much better then that..

Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
..besides my kid telling me about how she saw 'snow leotardperds' at the Calgary Zoo via txt message.

Doc give Mel our regards and let her know we miss her female opinions on our male dominated forum here.
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Ralph wrote a get well card for his teacher, and included a drawing of a sparrowkeet.

X2 on Mel. Please ask her to check in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
i just love her tats.. something about girls with good ink work dont get much better then that..
Tell me about it!

I'll say hi for all you guys!

Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
Tell me about it!

I'll say hi for all you guys!
on girls tho the ink has to be done very good and placed in a way that it adds to the beauty of the female body.. if not then it just destroys the way the female form looks..

but it seems she has done right the way..