Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #1

part number for air filter?

Hey guys,

trying to track down a uni air filter for my gio beast. I have the mikuni carb on it. Ive been to a few dealers now and they cant seem to find the right ones. They have shown me a few different types but none look like the red cylindrical ones i see in pics on here. Also is there a style that looks like the K&N filter for these carbs? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #2

http://www.kazumapower.com/

they mihgt have what you are looking for

Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #3

I used UP4182AST on my Beast (and on TurboT's, and I shipped one to PCD). I got them at Clearbrook Yamaha in Abbotsford, which is really easy for you to get to with the new Golden Ears Bridge. Like any bike shop in the area, they're closed Sunday and Monday.

I paid around $20 each for the filters, but they might be a bit higher now. The guys at Clearbrook are friendly and their prices are fair.

The UP4182AST is a 1 3/4" opening 15 degree neck filter. It's a bit of a tight fit around the battery box, but the foam easily squishes for clearance.

While at Clearbrook, pick up a can of Maxima filter spray for the Uni. Good stuff.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #4

THANKS! Yeah i went out to clearbrook yamaha last week and the guy behind the counter didnt seem to know what these uni filters were all about. He had a couple there but they were very big. Unfortunately i didnt have the exact specs on the mikuni carb so i was unable to order one. I will have to go back with that part number and order it. Did this filter fit on the mukini carb? i know they are slightly larger.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker101
THANKS! Yeah i went out to clearbrook yamaha last week and the guy behind the counter didnt seem to know what these uni filters were all about. He had a couple there but they were very big. Unfortunately i didnt have the exact specs on the mikuni carb so i was unable to order one. I will have to go back with that part number and order it. Did this filter fit on the mukini carb? i know they are slightly larger.
They fit just fine. You might swear at the battery box a little. We took a saw to the outer flap on mine to provide more clearance. Thing runs like a champ.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #6

They might be looking in the Motovan, Steen Hansen or Parts Canada distributor catalogues. If that's the case, the distributors often assign their own part numbers.

What's important to share with the counter guy is that you're after a universal dual layer pod filter, not something that's application-specific. Again, the magic filter has a 15 degree neck and a 1 3/4" opening. The actual carb neck is closer to 1 5/8", but the 1 3/4" works great.

Good luck!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer