Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #1

GIO GENERATOR

Just wondering if anyone else has purchased one of the generators off gio? My buddy picked one up a couple months ago and we finally got to use it last weekend for camping. All i can say about these is "WOW". He put the fuel/oil mix in and gave it a pull, fired right up! The generator powered a jobsite radio and an ipod all day and all night on a very small amount of gas. It purred like a kitten. The best part is he won it for $3! came to about 60 after shipping but WHAT a steal! Just thought id let all you GIO fans know that these generators are a must buy! Comes with a couple alligtor clips that plug right in great for a boost! A must have for the camping trips

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #2

Re: GIO GENERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker101
Just wondering if anyone else has purchased one of the generators off gio? My buddy picked one up a couple months ago and we finally got to use it last weekend for camping. All i can say about these is "WOW". He put the fuel/oil mix in and gave it a pull, fired right up! The generator powered a jobsite radio and an ipod all day and all night on a very small amount of gas. It purred like a kitten. The best part is he won it for $3! came to about 60 after shipping but WHAT a steal! Just thought id let all you GIO fans know that these generators are a must buy! Comes with a couple alligtor clips that plug right in great for a boost! A must have for the camping trips
How did you manage to get that shipped for $2 ??

I was looking at them but it's about $70 to ship it to me, so even at $3+$49.95+$70 just ain't worth it to me.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #3

Re: GIO GENERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
How did you manage to get that shipped for $2 ??

I was looking at them but it's about $70 to ship it to me, so even at $3+$49.95+$70 just ain't worth it to me.
I think you may have misread the post.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #4

Jim, he said after shipping it was $60, well if he won it for $3 and the auction fee is $49.95 then he would have pretty much payed only a few $$ shipping as $53 plus tax is almost $60.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #5

I thought the gererators were a good buy until I saw they had the $50 fee intead of the $4.95 fee. You can win them for next to nothing in bid price but then the auction fee and shippin makes it a bit expensive for my taste too..

Old 07-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #6

I wonder if the 1000w generator had the 4.95 auction fee when they first came out? Because i know for a fact he paid just over $60 for it shipped to his door. Now that i look at the auction it is a 49.95 auction fee and $50 shipping. Mistake on gios part? or got it at the right time? I will find out.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #7

Quote:
I wonder if the 1000w generator had the 4.95 auction fee when they first came out? Because i know for a fact he paid just over $60 for it shipped to his door. Now that i look at the auction it is a 49.95 auction fee and $50 shipping. Mistake on gios part? or got it at the right time? I will find out.
Now that maybe be possible, i know when i placed an order when GIO changed their webiste i had 9 items on it and the auction fee charged was only $4.95 for everything, i e-mailed to let them know that it should have been $4.95 x 9 items, not a flat rate of $4.95 ( too damn honest, i know) so maybe your buddy placed his order about that time before they got it fixed.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #8

shipping from GIO lately has got right "out of hand"

A set of "performance forks" is over $60 to my door.(just the shipping)

Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
shipping from GIO lately has got right "out of hand"

A set of "performance forks" is over $60 to my door.(just the shipping)
I agree, usually when i won a quad or other large item i would try to win lots of other spare parts, or small things because the combined shipping rate made it worthwhile, now on orders like that i'm over $100 in shipping, so i'm buying way less then i used to from there, glad i got most of my stuff when the shipping rate was much better.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #10

AUCTION FEE

YES I bought mine when the auction fee was $4.95.. I thought that was a ggod deal as well.. I have not fired it up.. maybe I should and see if it is as good as he says...

Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #11

I also have one but I haven't started it yet either.
I just got one of thier chainsaws too. I started it today and it fired right up and idled. Sounds like it's going to give my 42cc poulan pro a run for its money. The only thing I don't like about it is the throttle trigger is squared off on the corners so I'm sure that will start to hurt after a while. I'm going to round it over with some sandpaper.