Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #1

repair manual for 125 cc atv ...

Looking for a repair manual for a 125 cc atv.... with a 3 speed semi automatic >>> there is a NOISE WHEN THE MOTOR is running stops when you put it into any gear..( atv not moving .. parked) and then it continues when you drive it..??? I need a manual to tear it down( and put it back together properly)

Old 07-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #2

Re: repair manual for 125 cc atv ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
Looking for a repair manual for a 125 cc atv.... with a 3 speed semi automatic >>> there is a NOISE WHEN THE MOTOR is running stops when you put it into any gear..( atv not moving .. parked) and then it continues when you drive it..??? I need a manual to tear it down( and put it back together properly)
What kind of noise? Does it get faster as the rpm increases or stay constant?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #3

noise

I think it was constant.. seems like a tooth was broke.. but what gets me ... is when you have it in neutral.. it makes the noise.. ( like every revolution) and THEN when you put it is gear( 3 speed semi auto) it stops until you drive it .. then it makes the noise again....??? we removed the chain cover so it is not the chain.. you can feel it thru the chain when it is in neutral.. so it seems like the transmission.. maybe the main drive shaft or gear.. ?? the person ordered another motor for now and he will tear it down later as his kids need something to ride. I will post what it is when he tears it down.. anyone have a tear down manual for a 125 cc semi automatic??

Old 07-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #4

Being a semi-automatic, is there a clutch adjustment? My daughter's former quad had a stud and locknut that protruded through the right side engine cover. I adjusted it once because her quad would creep along while it idled, but it was only a 50cc. Maybe an engine that is twice the size would make noise if the clutch wasn't set up properly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #5

noise in trans

no there is no clutch adjusting screw like the others.. the person has been trying to take it apart.. he said there seems to be a funny lock nut that may require a special wrench.. I told him to take it to a shop to have it removed.. I think it was the clutch system .. will post what it is when he has it apart.. new engine was only $300.00 ... 125 cc 3 speed semi auto /reverse