Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #16

Thx w&g........i have checked ebay and will go that route soon. I hate being beaten by what seems to make no sense.....or what I don't understand. I was thinking this morning that my next attempt will involve disassembly of the master and filling it with fluid and carefully assembling it.....then try to bleed it. If I had a syringe I could also try to fill the caliper as much as possible as well. See if that helps...........waynec

Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #17

I've been mixing and matching calipers and masters on my son's XR200R (trying to find a setup that not only works, but also bolts in place). I clamped the master into soft jaws in the vise, then clamped the caliper to the bottom of the workbench with the bleeder facing up. I cracked the bleeder open, poured DOT 4 into the master, and let it dribble out of the bleeder into an ice cream bucket.

I did it this way to not only minimize air, but to flush the old junk out. I filled it several times and pushed the plunger by hand to extract the bubbles. This is a front assembly, but the process should work on the rear.

Once I have the assembly mounted on the bike, I'll bleed it conventionally with the lever and son of Weldangrind as an assistant.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #18

Hi waynev...........those are the specs I provided the dealer and the jets I rec'd are wrong. This dealer is very close the where I live so I hesitate to become a pain in the butt to them with 100 qustions. They know I am ordering for a Chinabike. I would prefer to eat the 13 bucks for the wrong jets and just go to a Yamy dealer and get the proper ones..
Put my Beast decals on yesterday...finally. They look great. Now if I can just make this thing run nicely ......thx again....waynec

Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #19

A little helpful info here.......The Yamaha dealer i went to did not recognize the numbers right away....then said..ohh thats a Motovan number. He claimed the main jet number as 'out of stock' and did not submitt an order.....but I believe he was another that suspected I was shopping for China parts and was not very helpful. He did order me the pilot jets however.
One of the part numbers w&g offered was for a genuine Mikuni jet. The other is for a knockoff from Motovan. I don't think the counter person bothered to cross check the numbers to check inventory ...but he may have.
My advice is go to the online cataloge for Motovan. motovan.com
There is a massive amount of info there and listings, part numbers etc for both genuine and knockoff jets.
I have a nearby marine dealer that reps for motovan and has never given me attitude for a lot of snowmobile bits that I have needed...but i always go with parts numbers in hand. They like that....or at least have no cause to be dicks. Its a very comprehensive web site and fun to browse........
I'm done rebuilding snomobiles now...but still don't know why I did not think of this supplier before..............waynec

Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #20

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of checking the Motovan website.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #21

Actually when i went in to the local bike shop to get my jets they looked through what the had laying around, couldn't find any matches and then went straight to their motovan catalogue and ordered them up for me.
The local bike shop doesn't seem to treat me that bad, i know exactly what i want going in so that helps, but hey if i didn't have a china bike then i wouldn't have spent the $150 in parts at their store.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #22

No time to play with my master cylinder.........but I did put in the #25 idle jet. What an immediate and amazing difference. The time it takes for the revs to cool back to a proper idle is like night an day. Also the adjustement screws actually seem to have a lot of sensitivity that they lacked before. It was like groping in the dark trying to set it up. Now you can tell if its better or worse with a quarter turn. Thx to all for the guidance on this one.... waynec