Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Hmmm....good input, guys! Sounds like it's a matter of personal choice & physical ability...don't know that I could man-handle the bike on there myself. I saw some that have a manual lift built in, but I think they start at $500+. Kinda one of those things that seems a lot cooler & easier until you actually work with it!

Maybe I could sic one of my nephews on the project of building one for me. God knows there's enough scrap metal & parts at the farm to put one together. I knew I should've taken that welding class in college! If there was a way to put the bike on the carrier & strap it down while it was on the ground...jack it up, something on wheels so you could maneuver the hitch into the receiver, but stable enough so the whole dang thing didn't tip over. Crap, I'm dreaming, huh? LOL Maybe I could just build my own loading dock while I'm at it.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #17

I vote for a small $399 trailer. Multiple uses. No theft if you lock it to your ball. I think all trailers have a hole so you can lock the hitch so someone can't steal it.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
399??!?! thats crazy talk, head on down to harbor frieght. they have small trailers without flooring for 179.99

all you have to do is bolt down a piece of plywood, or put tire ramps on there.. its got lights, 12" tires and suspension.. not a bad deal.

I dont need a fancy pants trailer considering i may only use it 2 times a year tops.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #19

You don't need to manhandle the bike to get it up on the hauler. Just buy or build a ramp. To load, put the bike in first and slip the clutch to get it up the ramp under power. You can do it while standing beside the bike. When you get the bike up there just hit the kill switch, and slip on your prestaged tie down straps. Easy!

Take a look at www.joehauler.com, he has a nice aluminum ramp that would work with any hauler if you want to build one.