Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #31

I missed the part where you removed that crap shipping oil from the engine and put some good stuff in there.

As for the front shocks i have a thread on the "MINI ATV FRONT SUSPENSION" it shows how to take them apart and cutting 3/4" off the springs to make them much softer, i'm pretty sure the mini beast and my mini atv shocks would be the same.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8931

Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #32

Well,of course,thats just a given....used Suzuki 10W40 Motorcycle oil,and picked up some Belray Semi-Synthetic 10W40 Motorcycle oil for after running for a bit...

Thanks for the link,went through that,and figured it would be the same process....best to do that to prevent wear on the front end IMO...pretty hard....I can stand on the pushbar,and the hardly compress at all...

Old 12-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #33

The shocks are terrible. The control arms take a beating on these things.

The shock design is a bit different than on the Mini ATV, but the process is probably the same as waynev posted. They look like they're adjustable out of the box, but any adjustments you could make with them would make them harder. 8O

Old 12-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #34

Hopefully they are not like the ones on my T1, they are rocks, the performance ones for my beast will fit it though so that's whats going on my T1. Maybe a cheap set of mini ATV shocks off the gio site may be in order, they usually go for $2.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Hopefully they are not like the ones on my T1, they are rocks, the performance ones for my beast will fit it though so that's whats going on my T1. Maybe a cheap set of mini ATV shocks off the gio site may be in order, they usually go for $2.
I've never compared them to one another to measure length... here is a front view side to side so you can see they are a different design. The Mini Beast is worse than the Mini ATV for spring stiffness.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #36

Yeah, that looks like the set i won for the "mini hummer", if the eye-eye length is the same, going to the mini atv shocks with the 3/4" cut off the spring may be the way to go.