Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #16

5oh,
If it were me I would consider wheel spacers all the way around especially when your daughter will be riding it.
The exta width helps a bunch with stability.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
>>It looks like the whole thing is twisted on the frame. As if the body is mounted crooked.<<

I think the tail light is just crooked.

But i do believe your front tires are mounted backwards (tread facing wrong way)- Switching sides will cure that.

Nice little bike!!
Doh!!! you're right the front tires are on backwards.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
5oh,
If it were me I would consider wheel spacers all the way around especially when your daughter will be riding it.
The exta width helps a bunch with stability.
They are on the list of upgrades. What is the bolt pattern?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #19

Kinda hard to tell from the pics.....but it almost looks like you may one front tire in the rear and vice-a-versa. Do you have both shorter, wider tires on the rear? (Hard to tell...it almost looks like they're mix-matched- but it could just be the lighting....)

That's a neat bike! It's like a smaller version of the 300 Thunder!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #20

You can fix that scuff mark by just applying a decal over it. Just dont let your daughter pick the sticker. You would'nt want to have to "test drive" the thing with a Barbie sticker on it!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Kinda hard to tell from the pics.....but it almost looks like you may one front tire in the rear and vice-a-versa. Do you have both shorter, wider tires on the rear? (Hard to tell...it almost looks like they're mix-matched- but it could just be the lighting....)

That's a neat bike! It's like a smaller version of the 300 Thunder!
Well the back tires were installed when I got it, but the front tires are flipped and one was about flat when I took the pictures. I aired it up and it still is twitchy. I'll flip them around this evening and try it again.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
5oh,
The extra width helps a bunch with stability.
I flipped the front wheels on Friday and gained about an inch on each side. I turned the valve stem to the inside. There is plenty of clearance. I also flipped the back, but it was only worth about half an inch. I'm going to pick up some wheel spacers for the back soon.

Sunday we are heading off to Windrock for a day of riding. Nothing extreme, just want to get out and ride the gravel roads to help my daughter get acquainted with her new ride, So far she loves it.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #23

Well,
It's been a while since I started this thread and I am sad to report I have been having some issues with the quad. It will no longer shift while the engine is running. I'm assuming this is caused by something loose under the clutch cover on the right side of the engine as I can hear something under the cover.

My primary concern right now though is that it quit running the other day. I pulled the plug and it was fouled so I picked up an NGK replacement and it isn't firing either. Does any one know what trouble shooting steps I can try?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #24

Have you talked to Tim about the issues ?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh
Well,
It's been a while since I started this thread and I am sad to report I have been having some issues with the quad. It will no longer shift while the engine is running. I'm assuming this is caused by something loose under the clutch cover on the right side of the engine as I can hear something under the cover.

My primary concern right now though is that it quit running the other day. I pulled the plug and it was fouled so I picked up an NGK replacement and it isn't firing either. Does any one know what trouble shooting steps I can try?
Don't know your machine that well but the first thing I would do is hunt around your wiring connections looking for wires that may have pulled out of their harnesses/plugs. Lots of crappy connectors and loose white plugs and the wires slide back or off very easily.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #26

Well things are not so good these days. After riding the quad a total of 3 times, it will no longer shift while running. I pulled the right side cover and found the problem. It look like a rivet has sheared off the part of the clutch actuator. I also don't see how any of it was held together in the first place.
Does anyone know where to get hard parts for these motors?

www.barnettmedia.com/vbike/11.jpg
www.barnettmedia.com/vbike/12.jpg
www.barnettmedia.com/vbike/13.jpg
www.barnettmedia.com/vbike/14.jpg

Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonezuk
Have you talked to Tim about the issues ?
Not yet. I'm going to call later today.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #28

Try these guys: http://www.scooterparts4less.com/dirt_bike_parts.htm

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #29

Does anyone have a picture of what the shifter assembly should look like? Tim is willing to help me out, but I hate to ship the whole engine back. If someone could take a picture of the inside of the right case cover that would be spectacular!