Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by leines
The worse part about the whole chinese bike thing... is that the companies ( in my case powermax) dont even stock parts etc for their bikes.... If there was an excess of replacement parts direct from the dealers or even some sort of transparency as to what the real make of the bikes are... maybe they wouldnt get a bad rep.... all i get is people trashing the bike...mostly cause you cant find parts to fix them....

During my Oil Change ill pull that cover off and see whats going on in there......

like i said before im not that great with engines etc.. but my roommate is better... so im hoping i can learn a bit while we do this stuff...

is the problem with the exhaust the mounting to the motor part..or more about putting it in the frame and mounting the muffler??

Thanks for all the help guys....
For the most part, people sell these bikes as they see $$$ signs due to the cost and how much money they can make. They buy them with there 'own' brand but then don't support the product afterwards, or don't know how to, and they dissapear.

Most of the bikes are the same as mentioned, and once you figure out what other brands it's the same as, you won't have as much trouble finding parts.

They are quite simple to work on and you have lots of support from these forum members.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by leines
is the problem with the exhaust the mounting to the motor part..or more about putting it in the frame and mounting the muffler??
My guess is that the muffler to head connection is the most critical, followed by the path the pipe takes through the frame. The muffler mount will be the least of your concerns.

See if you can find a local bike shop that has some older Hondas for sale. You could get an idea about what looks similar to your bike, and start shopping from there.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #18

Correct me if im wrong... but couldnt i just take the stock exhaust into the welding shop..and take in whatever can i wanna put on it.. and they could just cut the stock muffler off..and add on the better muffler??? or i assume they could always just make me a custom pipe as well??

Cheers

Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #19

You're right, it's just that a complete aftermarket pipe would likely flow better because the radius on your bike is pretty tight right after the cylinder head. I wouldn't get somebody to fabricate the head pipe, because it takes a special bender and the cost would be high for marginal gain.

Several aftermarket cans are clamp-on, so perhaps no welding is needed. There is horsepower to be found in an aftermarket can.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #20

well the good news is that i have two of these stock exhausts... i was thinking about dropping off the worse condition of the two..with my aftermarket exhaust and seeing what kinda damage im into for them to make it work like the stock one... even if they need to weldngrind the two of them together into one....

Thanks Again for the Help guys... your one of the only places online to give support for these ones..