Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #1

HSUN, SUNL, MDL etc. 200GY guys, question on rear suspension

All you guys that have that same *type* of bike as Waldo, I was looking at the rear suspension setup and wondering what that third hole is for...
Are these bikes adjustable for height?

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #2

even

Even though im new i inspected my mono shock no adjustment, you have to get a third party replacement guessing 150.00 if you have them do it about 75.00 if you just get a great shock.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #3

Hmmm, well mine has a multi position adjustment nut built into the shock. So there's another slight difference between the hamna and sunl i guess.

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #4

I had a chance to take my rear suspension apart the other night to grease some pivot points. While apart i adjusted the preload on the spring all the way out hoping to get my seat height just a touch lower. I did not accomplish much with the height adjustment, maybe an inch ( forget to measure before i started) BUT the ride quality has improved greatly! I would suggest this adjustment to anyone who has this bike. Adjustment may be accomplished with just a spanner wrench but the whole shock can be removed without any other disassembling of the bike.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #5

Re: even

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertulsa
Even though im new i inspected my mono shock no adjustment, you have to get a third party replacement guessing 150.00 if you have them do it about 75.00 if you just get a great shock.
If you measure the length, you can buy replacement adjustable shocks for far less than 150 bux. Anywhere from 40 on up. Just make sure to check the dimensions against the available room in there and that the ends will fit the existing bolt mounts.

Bug, yeah, adjusting that shock made nearly zip height diff to me too, however, as you note, made a BIG diff in ride quality. The Hsun variants are a neat bike for the money

seer

Old 06-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #6

I was wrong

To all, foot in mouth mine has a lower adjustment, looks like only an inch or 5 threads can be gained. I am excited this can be loosened, bet it really helps ride. apologies jumped to quick :oops:

Old 06-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #7

I think my Hi Bird has the same thing. I looked carefully and could not determine a way to lower the overall height.

If you guys come up with a shock that will work to lower the seat, let us know!