Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
carefull with the wheelie thing on these bikes. I do not know how much stress these clutches can handle but 7500 rpms comming down on a 0 rpm clutch is going to cause some major wear.
You don't just dump the clutch... let it out fast, but don't just snap it. It's a matter of hitting things just right... as the rpms come up to a certain point you start letting out the clutch... when you feel the bike's front coming up... tug on the bars... it's almost 100% timing. RPM, clutch and tug. The further back on the seat you are the easier the front comes up.. just don't sit so far back you can't control the bike. I started of popping the wheel by dumping the clutch.... it works but is hard on the bike.

I sir have mastered the sweet spot in first second and third, 8) "on a 175" I am a little too scared on the klx, 3rd gear means 45+mph.

I am brave enugh to chase the front wheel through 1st and 2nd, but I usually try to avoid 3rd gear

12 o-clock position is compleatly out of my league and I refuse to try. I know better, and I have no health insurance.

another thing I am trying to quit is lofting the front wheel in first in a corner. a little uneasy about the lack of steering and the sudden change in direction when the front wheel comes down. 8O I am sure I soiled myself the first time that happened. :oops:

Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
another thing I am trying to quit is lofting the front wheel in first in a corner. a little uneasy about the lack of steering and the sudden change in direction when the front wheel comes down. 8O I am sure I soiled myself the first time that happened. :oops:
Yes, that is scarier than the accidental downshift power slide :o :o :o The first time it happened to me, I was riding two-up in a let turn at a BUSY intersection with rush-hour traffic! I think I was the only witness that was not impressed. I looked cool, but it was not my intention :twisted:

Slide on,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #48

Be careful with the viva bikes. I ripped the bolts out my hub and pretty much destroyed it while riding wheelies. Luckily I was in dirt right around the corner from my house. The wife rides it now and my Honda has no problems getting the front wheel off the ground in any gear. Take care guys.
2007 VX 250 PR, uni 2 stage air filter, threw the dead battery away and bored the box out for the air filter. Changed out the main jet with a Keihin 100. 2002 CRF450R Replaced the head with an 06 and rebuilt the forks.  Mean Mean Machine

Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #49

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Well thanks to all the wheelie posts I colapsed the plates that hold tension on the back of the swing arm. So, I had some new ones laser cut at work out of 3/16 mild steel, they're not going anywhere now.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry
Be careful with the viva bikes. I ripped the bolts out my hub and pretty much destroyed it while riding wheelies. Luckily I was in dirt right around the corner from my house. The wife rides it now and my Honda has no problems getting the front wheel off the ground in any gear. Take care guys.
So when the thing fails catastrophically at speed your wife will be the one to suffer.... hmmm, good thinking! Wouldn't a divorce be easier?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry
So when the thing fails catastrophically at speed your wife will be the one to suffer.... hmmm, good thinking! Wouldn't a divorce be easier?
Might be easier, but not cheaper.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #52

For Basic wheelies.... see this thread:

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...asc&highlight=

If you havent loc tited all your bolts don't attempt wheelies on a CB. Continue checking your essential bolts and nuts before and after each ride... Once you get good at wheelies.......... You can subtly put your front end down without slamming it down and minimize stress on the bike...

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NET

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #53

subtly put your front end down without slamming it down and minimize stress on the bike...

Like my bud on the 750 ducati. It was not the first time he did a wheelie, the guy has skills that you only get from riding dirt when you're a kid. It was beautiful to watch at 50mph.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #54

BRRAAAP

Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #55

[/quote] You don't just dump the clutch... let it out fast. [/quote]

nail on the head

Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #56

When i was a kid there was this really neat trail riding area just a few miles away. One of the guys that was there all the time used to wheelie everywhere, up hills down hills, over jumps, was amazing to watch, like a motorized unicycle. Heard later he became world champion moto racer. I'll have to google around and see if i can find his name. Kid was practically born on a mc.

seer

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #57

the only person that can whellie my gy 125(big bike not alot of power) out of every 1 i know including my dads best m8 (2 time uk gp bike champ) and my m8(current 85cc uk mx champ) is my step dad :oops: lol

as for trails that is all i do with mine every spare minit am out on the exelent bike trail we have here :wink:
after replacing my chain, tyres,rear shock and leavers am always ragging the arse off it lol
it actually likes jumps now lol 8)

Old 06-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #58

don't use the clutch

If you gas it, then let out and compress the forks, just gas it on the rebound and lean back, that's all I do.

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=SANY0027.flv

Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #59

Think you need to have the clutch adjusted just right so you can slip the clutch fast enough and still be able to grip the grips enough to maintain directional control. Keep the wheel straight.

I can't do it worth beans. But, was able to loft the front over lots of fallen trees last weekend. (on the DR250)

Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #60

This is all you have to do: