Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #31

I just checked the back caliper and it was literally broken. The brake pads had fallen off, which I had thought I could put it back but once I removed it, I saw that it was literally broken, a chuck of it was missing.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #32

Also I forgot to loctite mostly all my screws and nuts. I will have to go back and do that. What type of loctite did you use. I currently have green left, which I will defenitly not be using. Did you loctite all your screws or just some major ones.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #33

I've always only used red loctite in any of my wrenching. Never really investigated what the purpose for any of the other colours were for.

I didn't take off every bolt and loctite them. I only loctited the bolts I installed and checked the others I could see for torque/tight.

I'm sorry to hear you've had all these problems. You sound like you have wrecked one, either from shipping or elsewhere. Be nice if you could get a new one shipped and send that thing back but I'm guessing that's not a likely scenario.

My sister in law just ordered a Mini Hummer on my recommendation so hopefully that one doesn't come all damaged or I'll never hear the end of it.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #34

John is excellent at sending parts. He shipped them next day. I did not have to send him photos and also he did not charge me shipping. He shipped me the back caliper, rotor, and the back axel. Mostly everything from the back was broken. The atv may have came damaged but his parts service was amazing.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #35

Yes he is pretty good..however now you get to put all that stuff on!

At least you'll know your quad inside/out when you're done!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #36

I already did this to my 50cc but I don't know how to remove the chain as I accidentally broke my 50cc master link. 8)

Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #37

How do you remove your atv master link. I broke mine last time in this process. I took a hammer and a flat head screw driver to remove it last time.