Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #16

[quote="mrhyak"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf119l
Glad Larry showed A-Lifan they can't come into the USA and push people around.
...or break their ricebowls!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #17

The admin at AL forum is still insisting that Hooper sells Lifan products illegally and they AL is the only company that can sell them. They totally ignore what the court has said. Those guys are clueless.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #18

Banned

BTW, they banned me from their forum for talking about the lawsuit.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #19

from what i have seen nothing is suprising, al not showing up mrhayak banned,(been there) al losing, and not a single sign of remorse. i wouldnt be shocked if al is a short timer, the few things i cant figure, did china really know what was going on with al or just react to advise given to them by management in this country, what does the 1k bond do is it for a garrantee they will abide by the judgement or maybe they didnt have one that was required. why didnt hooper get a gaizllion $, did he ask for money seems like he didnt. if china knew what was going on would they still sell to him
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #20

Re: Banned

I'm so glad Hooper won but will he really keep selling lifan products or just find another source of bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
BTW, they banned me from their forum for talking about the lawsuit.
I saved myself and them a lot of headaches and just did the "self ban" myself.
Meaning I dont want or need or care about their lame arse forums and control freak attitude.

If AL and their forums got flung off the planet right now (heres hoping) I would never even know it or miss them.

Ohh...uhh,, hang on .......................yep our rice bowls are safely locked in my safe. WHEW

Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #21

Regarding the "no show" of AL, its called a Default, but the Plaintiff does not automatically win. He must 'prove up" his case, and in this case, the Judge appears to have reviewed the documents and agreed, so congrats Larry.

However, a judgment is a piece of paper and the courts have real trouble getting someone to say "I'm sorry and I won't do it again". I'm betting that Larry is going to continue to have trouble getting access to lifan bikes.
One possible result, however, is that the court has the power to BAN the importation of Lifan bikes until they comply with a court order to sell them to Hooper on a reasonable basis. My guess is that when and if Hooper goes in for such an order, American lifan is likely to feel its time to hire an attorney and defend.

If I was an attorney, (and I am I would advise Larry to try and negotiate a supply and if they won't agree, go back before the Judge and try to get appropriate order.... Larry's in the driver's seat and the chinese really don't understand the American Legal system, as the Chinese system is far more 'gamable'...
Going to be interesting to watch and I wish Larry all the best.

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #22

Yay Hooper :!:
:roll: justice works occasionally :wink:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #23

I've noticed the AL and Lifan sites have not changed their smear of other USA companies selling Lifan products as per the court order.
I'd guess Larry has some sort of contract with Lifan China (and also a lot of $$$ invested) so it would be in his best interests to keep them as a supplier, but it has been over a year since his last shipment so I hope for Larry's sake they can get things cleared up.

This thing that AL wants "exclusive rights" to all Lifan products after the parent company had already made a contract with Hooper Imports is ridiculous. It would be a totally different thing if Hooper started his company after AL had established themselves but Larry spent the $$$, time and effort to establish the Lifan bikes here in the USA long before AL was even a thought.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)