Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #16

One thing to keep in mine is that sometimes consumers put their bike together improperly and then demand the seller to fix it under warranty. I admit I was guilty on at least one occasion, but not intentionally. My headlight assembly cracked, and I thought it design flaw. Now, I think it was my fault that I didn't securely attached the assembly and attach it with vibration dampers. I also didn't grease the clutch cable properly. I thought it was cheap china cable, before realizing I failed do properly setup. My point is how are you going to provide good warranty if users improperly setup their bikes?

Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #17

I have seen alot of failures due to improper assembly. Alot of done by dealers too. My bike has been overall pretty good, but I have some experience with bikes too.

I tend to agree with TC on the warranty/price/build quality for me to purchase again.

Price/Build Quality and easy parts availabilty are more important than an outstanding warranty for me.

30/day money back if not satisfied. Of course limited miles with no damage to bike. That may at least get people to try one.

With gas currently cheap again I have not been riding. Probably will when it warms up though.

Allen

Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #18

I don't have a China Bike so I can't say what they are like, but I can tell you what I'd like to see.

A true 250cc to 400cc 4 stroke or 2 stroke dual sport with rear rack. Liquid cooled or air cooled. Full lights. Don't need an alarm or turn signal sounds, or any other gizmos. Don't care if it has drum brakes or disc brakes. Don't care if the forks are upside down or not. Just a dual sport that is strong enough for off road trail riding and able to cruise comfortable at 60mph, even at higher elevations with saddle bags. Keep the electrical system simple, welds good, and quality bolts with loctite where needed.

Would like to see an established dealer that can always aquire parts and bikes for it's customer. 1 year/ 12,000 mile Warranty on the Engine and Transmission.

Keep the cost between $1500 to $2500 depending on engine size fully assembled.

This would be ideal to me, especially with established dealer. Don't care if the dealer has a fancy store, or just working out of a Wharehouse, but it would be nice to find someone that speaks english well, and is here for the long run.

Those are just my thoughts. anything less and I'm more inclined to buy a used Japanese bike that's easy to work on and parts are easy to locate. My problem with buying a new China bike right now is that I can't find any 250cc 's at the moment. Eitherway this is a great site and glad you've found it.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
Hmm china bikes for me and the wife have got a long way to go in our opinion.

Things that would sinch another china bike sale:

Reasonable quality (IE proper bolts and a bit closer alignment of critical items such as the ENGINE / BRAKES :roll: )
Could you recommend an online resource detailing the inspection process that you have used? Specifically a step-by-step process that a dealership or buyer would use to inspect a bike's quality standards / assembly before riding. A good book recommendation would be helpful too if you know of any.

Quote:
PARTS PARTS PARTS these MUST be readily available or everyone will get frustrated very VERY quickly
Everyone has been pushing this issue. I can see it too, you have a new bike, want to ride it, but a penny-sized piece is missing rendering the whole thing useless. I plan to warehouse all the parts in the US, and disassemble bikes depending on the demand. I don't know why others don't follow suit.

Quote:
A REAL one year warranty on entire bike then another year just for engine, trans, frame, electrical-<major mostly non-wear items.
(not warranteed the second year >clutch or chain/sprockets or brakes or battery or tires or light bulbs not even the rims-in my opinion some things are wear items and people need to be responible for them as much as the company has to be responsible for a decent product IMO)

The price for me has to be kept to around 1/3 to a max of 1/2 of a comparable big name brand offering.
(EXAMPLE=400cc dual-sport china bike priced between $1900 to max of $2800 compared to a suzuki dr-z400s $5700)

NON of those mentioned above can be excluded if someone wants to sell me another china bike at this time.

Our china bike PRO's.......and........ CON's :

the low price............................the poor quality-materials/workmanship (to be BRUTALLY honest I think the current offerings are down right dangerous for use on the roads IMO)
the low price............................the lack of parts (this alone would help eliminate most headaches new comers have with china bikes IMO)
the low price............................the lack of accessories (accessories that fit the bike would just make them more fun IMO)
the low price............................non-existent VAPOR warranty (not as importrant to me but 1 solid year would have been nice)
the low price............................the styling/ergonomics/suspension/overall engineering (if any)

as you can see the chinese, in OUR opinion has leaned very VERY heavy on the LOW PRICE.
I realize compromizes have to be made but I wonder if the chinese and the ones importing these products REALLY know whats important to the people that would buy these products.
The majority of the people using e-bikes are buying for different reasons than the developed nations.

In China, low-price is the most important thing to the people. The scooter is a sign of wealth and the status. Peddling bicycles are viewed as ancient "Old World China", and cars are just too expensive for most to afford. Also, an e-scooter can greatly improve the quality of life with new jobs, convenience, and independence to go anywhere. It's an all around status-symbol here.

A bicycle costs 50RMB
An E-bike costs 1200RMB
A car costs 25,000RMB

The average salary is something like 1100RMB a month (~$160), depending where.

In the developing nations, there are repair shops around every corner offering extremely inexpensive and quick solutions, thus making lower quality less burdening.

However dependent on low-prices the Chinese market is now, the quality of the bikes are rising, as salaries increase and buyers demand more. There are already a handful of high-quality Chinese bikes around. I don't think it will be too long until you buy your next China bike :wink:

Thanks for the input, it's all very helpful.
Quote:
These are just MY thoughts/opinions and others can and most likely will differ.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore
the perfect warrany would be one that is actually supported and honored. unlike the jerkoffs at american lifan who says their bikes have a 6 month warranty but when it comes time to pony up and fix the issue they do nothing about it.. here it is 4 months waiting and still no part to fix my issue.
Wheeling Cycle, (AL dealer) has yet to charge me a penny for FAILED parts...as late as 30 months after purchase!

Dealers make the difference :wink:

.02$,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #21

Ontario Canada started an E bike pilot program here. I got one but the first time I rode it I returned it for my first motorcycle. 150cc. They wanted people to use them for short commutes downtown. Turns out that the people buying them are old folks who lost their licences. Age, eyesight, drunkeness. If I can pedal a ten speed 2X as fast as an ebike, I'd rather pedal. :?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to kmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore
the perfect warrany would be one that is actually supported and honored. unlike the jerkoffs at american lifan who says their bikes have a 6 month warranty but when it comes time to pony up and fix the issue they do nothing about it.. here it is 4 months waiting and still no part to fix my issue.
Wheeling Cycle, (AL dealer) has yet to charge me a penny for FAILED parts...as late as 30 months after purchase!

Dealers make the difference :wink:

.02$,
Tigertamer
now just to clarify my rant againt AL is in NO WAY directed twards a dealer most AL dealers ive talked to have been great (my local brick and mortar store BamaMotorsports, Bruce at E and J, phil, and another i spoke with on the AL site faceplant) it IS however directed to AL in Texas who has on many occasions been known to leave their dealers flappin in the wind. and as i stated here it is january and my bike that i took in for service back in late september early october is still in need of a warranty replacement part that was ordered when i took bike in for service. yes part was ordered and now AL is not answering their phones or communicating with my dealer...... yet another AL dealer just left hanging on a meathook for the vultures..... still say i should have heald off the 1 1/2 weeks untill my dealer got in the new shipment of q links....

Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #23

I like the price. I need the dealer to be stable. I need the proper paper work, and manual. Most of us are a bit handy and if we have parts and access to this site, we will get by. I enjoy the challenge we face when we have or buy a China Bike.

My experience is that my China bike is much better than I expected.