Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #31

This guy is about 10 mins from where I live and he's been on the radio a few times talking about his butanol buick road trip. You could custom blend your gas with a mixture of this bio fuel.

http://www.butanol.com
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 02-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Using beverage alcohol would probably be a bad/inefficient idea. You'd need fuel-grade eth. You can distill it yourself with a license I believe.
Been there done that.

I made a 10 gal still and made fuel grade alcohol last year. It is very labor intensive and just isn’t cost effective. When you add up the cost of sugar, yeast, propane for the still and electricity for the ice-water bath around the distillation coil you end up spending $8-$12 per gallon of fuel. Plus 8-10 hours tending the still, my time is worth more.

If anyone wants to see pics of the still e-mail me. I never registered it with the BATF because I only ran it once to get the real world costs. The alcohol produced is fit for human consumption but illegal to drink. I can’t drink due to health issues, so it would be a shame if I got arrested for running a still making moonshine I couldn’t drink besides I hear Jim Beam tastes better and costs less.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Tech
Is there anything legal in the state of California? NO BOOZE, NO GUNS, NO AMMO, NO CHINESE BIKES, WTF! It is its own communistic nation. Pretty soon they will be banning breast enlagements and thats when I will gather up a strike team of China Riders and strike down the great red state. May all men be equal and have women with large silicone boobies.
Hehe yeah pot is legal in California. Go figure.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverchip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Tech
Is there anything legal in the state of California? NO BOOZE, NO GUNS, NO AMMO, NO CHINESE BIKES, WTF! It is its own communistic nation. Pretty soon they will be banning breast enlagements and thats when I will gather up a strike team of China Riders and strike down the great red state. May all men be equal and have women with large silicone boobies.
Hehe yeah pot is legal in California. Go figure.
LOL maybe thats how they come up with all those stupid laws and regulations. Smoke some dope and legislate away.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #35

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Indeed.