Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #1

Hawk 250 DLX mystery problem

Normally I’m posting here trying to help my fellow riders with Hawk issues but I could use some help myself. I’m approaching 6000 miles now with my 2021 DLX. I did search and theres not much on here about this...

Here’s the issue. On my 31 mile commute to work often, but not always, the bike looses a little power as if there’s a little hesitation somehow. Not quite a misfire nor has it ever died completely but its a very noticeable intermittent power loss. It does this for about 2 miles. Then it sort of works itself out of whatever it is and runs completely normal. I might add it pretty much does this at about the same place/time in the commute and it’s about the half way point either to or from. There is nothing unique about the road so it’s not that. It’s more that the bike has been running for X amount of time and here comes the weird power loss.

I have triple checked all my wiring and so far haven’t found an issue there. I’ve beefed up my ground wires, sanded connection points etc. I keep my battery on trickle charger always and it’s been tested and seems rock solid.

Long explanation and I apologize but it really is a strange power loss I can barely describe it. Any thoughts or theories?

TLDR weird power loss from efi hawk that magically resolves itself during most long distance commutes.