Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #1

New fasteners & Winter maintenance

I bought a metric bolt and nut tool that you use to measure the exact thread pitch and size. I measured all the fasteners on the Lifan and then went to www.boltdepot.com and bought high grade replacements with spares for just about every one. Add a little locktite and she should hold tight for a long time. The first one that snapped on me was the one holding the left brake lever. It was *really* soft and broke easily. I plan on riding this bike sometimes several miles from civilization so my goal is to make it as dependable as possible.

Gotta do someting in the winter when you can't ride. Bruce @ EJCycles is getting me 520 sprockets and chain too. I have already streched the stock chain too much for my liking. I also took off the gold ABS doodads from the brakes. The front one was way too easy to snap off.

Getting tired of this cold snap... 4 weeks at below 20 daytime and about 0 deg at night here in NE Ohio.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #2

Ah, so you have MBD too. Changing out those fasteners is a Really Good Idea. Did you have any trouble removing the gold things? Did you just take them off and reconnect the hose? Did you have to bleed the brake lines?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #3

Yes, Please let me know how it goes after removing the modulator, I too feel it could be ripped off...

Old 02-17-2007, 05:49 AM   #4

The modulator came off easily. Reconnect the brake line but BE SURE to retain the gold washers on both sides of the brake line connection, just like it came off. I replaced the fluid with new DOT4. Bleed the lines and she is good to go. I haven't been able to ride it yet but so the final test is on the road. ( I know I know,,, should have taken pictures... It was 5 freekin' degrees when I did this though....) 8O