Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2023, 06:24 PM   #1

KPX 250 - New owner in East Texas

I picked up my KPX 250 from a dealer in Gladewater, TX. It was $3495 but after assembly and taxes it was $3995. I was ok with that because I am not good mechanically and it came with a two year warrantee which means they have to fix any problems.

Why did a take a chance with this bike? It am tall. I am 6'2'' and I have 35" inseam. I read a lot of the reviews about this bike and most were good. I did see a few issues, metal oil filter, chain guard rubbing chain, loose screws and bolts and frequent oil changes.

The dealer assembled the bike and test drove it. I picked it up yesterday in my truck and it poured down rain on me for about 20 miles on my way back home.

I got home and got it unloaded. I cranked it up for my first ride and it just stalled and sputtered and barely ran. I called dealer and he said to ride it for a while and it should settle down. It sputtered around but after about 30 miles it did get better.

I went out to ride it this morning and sputtered and kept stalling again. I called dealer again and they said it may have water in gas. They told me to put Heet(water remover) in gas tank and rid it to burn the gas out. I put in the Heet and rode for about 20 miles. It was running better after I got back.
I will see how it runs tomorrow when it cold. I am not convinced that it is water in the gas.

Other than the gas problem and one of my front reflecters falling off somewhere on the road I like the little 20hp motorcycle. It is really slow off the line but does eventually pick up speed. I live in the piney woods with lots of trails and fireroads and I bought it to go exploring down those roads. It seems to like running 25-45mph down the roads and it has a pretty good power in that range. I think 57mph is the fastest I have been on it and it took a while to get there. I don't know if it will do 70mph on the highway.

I really like it and I hope I can get this stalling sputtering problem resolved. If any of your KPX 250 owners ever had this problem let me know how you fixed it.

One last thing - Where do you get OEM replacement parts for these motorcycles? I can't find anything online.

KPXRandy

Old 07-08-2023, 11:08 AM   #2

KPX 250 Follow up to water in my gas tank

I guess it did have water in gas. I put Heet in the gas tank and this morning it is running great. This think shifts really smooth through all of the gears and I can actually see what is behind me in the mirrors.

I trying to stay under 5000 rpm until it hits 650 miles as per owners manual.

I did my first oil change at 125 miles this morning and it did have metal shavings in the filter. I replaced it with WIX filter and used Yamalube because I have a lot of it that I have not used up.

After the bike hits 1000 miles I will switch to Mobil 1 because that what I use in my other motor cycles.

KPXRandy

Old 07-08-2023, 04:08 PM   #3

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the KPX. You can get OEM parts through your bealer or directly through American Lifan. They also have an online parts store. I'll post a link when I get a chance.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel