Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2023, 08:21 PM   #16

Templar X is manufactured by a company in China called Wuyi Zuumav. PSM is selling their bikes from a California address, with a Texas warehouse as well. Wuyi Zumaav been making motorcycles for at least 10 years as far as I can tell, and you will find them online.

I am investigating a new company (for me) called Kamax because they make a 40hp 2stroke enduro. I am highly concerned about buying one becauser it would have to be shipped directly from China. This would be NO problem except that North American shpippers have employees that deliberately damage these bikes in shipping.

We are a bunch of good folks here. We don't sell them.

Last edited by Thumper; 07-04-2023 at 05:43 AM.

Old 07-03-2023, 08:31 PM   #17

I'm guessing you're talking about this one:

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/23841

$1500 + $300 shipping is actually more than I paid for my Hawk. And I'm the naive one...

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-03-2023, 08:37 PM   #18

You can try to thunderstorm on my parade, but I am TOO DAMN EXCITED FOR MY HAWK!!

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-03-2023, 08:46 PM   #19

I thought you ran into a problem buying the Hawk. I also thought you might like an enduro class dirt bike. If you prefer the dual purpose bike, that's good.

Did you get through on the Hawk purchase? A difference of a hundred dollars or two hundred dollars is insignificance on these cheap bikes. Again, it is your choice. I just wanted to bring up the possibility that an enduro bike might be better for you.

My apologies.

Old 07-03-2023, 09:07 PM   #20

The naive comment was meant to address that longer term members know that no one here works for vendors. It was insulting that you suggested that. You might question that based on some of our great experiences with one vendor or another, but we watch for that

I could hardly be called out as more of an advocate than some other folks here. (no comment!). Yes, there are some others that have their own favorite vendors. But they don't work for them either.

There are many CG230 clones. Hawk is one of them. I own a Bashan Storm, which has the same engine. I like the Bashan implementaion of the dual sport. Check out other Bashan CG clones (similar to Hawk). The difference is in swingarm, front forks, frame, and engine. Enduro class is taller, stiffer, different.

Have you looked into other CG clones besides Hawk????

Please don't accuse anyone here of working for a vendor or selling bikes. Please!!!

Old 07-03-2023, 09:08 PM   #21

Being a bit harsh on the Hawk bikes, imho. They definitely are not serious offnroad machines, but they aren't entirely incapable either.

No, the Hawk and it's brothers have never really been touted by anybody here as a serious off road bike. It's a utility bike. Commute with it and ride on crappy country roads, dual tracks, etc.

Better is always subjective, but talking about the Hawks like they are just total garbage is a bit unfair.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-03-2023, 10:39 PM   #22

I did look at the Templar...in fact, I looked at so many I forgot which ones I looked at. Again, I'm sure I will be buying another one of these bikes and Templar definitely has my interest. One big reason I went with the Hawk is that it was available through Amazon. It was sold by two re-sellers; RPS and X-Pro. I went with X-Pro because they have a web-site (though I could not find a physical address on it) and they offer a cover and a handlebar mounted cell phone holster. Then I discovered this place and started being a nuisance with my questions and saw Megadan's sticky on the Hawk, read through it and was sold. I went through all the stickies and just liked the Hawk. I like the fact that there's a Hawk out there with 10,000 miles on it. I like the fact that if I have any questions, this is the best place for the answers.

Old 07-04-2023, 05:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtb5150 View Post
Sorry, I don’t really know how to do this but congratulations on your purchase. I was wondering if anybody could help me in deciding between the BOZZ 250 and the hawk 250(efi) I need to order this quick and note I am a larger rider 6’1 280 it will be mostly used for campgrounds and hunting I have a camper in the back of my truck, so want to camp at set up it’s difficult to move I thought one of these bikes would be great for rides through the mountains hunting and maybe if I need to take a ride into town to pick up supplies I’m a little bit afraid of the EFI because I heard horror stories if the electronics get wet. But I’m also a little worried about carbureted because I don’t wanna spend an hour trying to start it in the winter up in the mountains any kind of help would be great.
The Bashan Brozz is a nice dual sport comparable to the Hawk. The Bashan Recon is also a great bike. I think the inverted front forks and larger triple tree are a little stiffer than the standard forks on the Hawk, but they have the same engine.

Orion's RXB 250 is another one to consider. There really are some interesting choices out there. I really like the Bashan Storm which was my first Chinese bike. I still have it. It's got the inverted front forks too. My son took it over. He rides the Templar sometimes too.

Last edited by Thumper; 07-04-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #24

I am not sure that OP was blocked from the purchase on the Hawk. Dano, if you are still in a position to buy anything, check out the Storm at SuperiorPowersports ($1495 on sale right now). This bike has the counterbalanced version of the venerable CG250. It has a NICE rack and the inverted forks. I changed to Motul fork oil which made a massive difference in compression and recoil damping. Works great now.

The bike hasn't changed since I bought one a couple of years ago for, amazingly, just $100 less. I bought mine from Don Hopper. He puts the shipping out for bid, and I got a nice deal including shipping. I don't know if he is still in business. Peacesports might have the Recon, but I don't see inventory there. Superior has the Brozz for the same price as the Storm, I think.

And there is more out there. All of these bikes and more are posted here, owners describe issues, strengths. Have fun with this!

Old 07-04-2023, 04:41 PM   #25

Well, I may have to order some. Would it be better to use no power, OR to use power containing corn starch?

Old 07-04-2023, 09:21 PM   #26

Can't see what corn starch would hurt, I would use it if that's all there is out there. Didn't know that they do not make it anymore,will be checking this out. But I have a big size here, but I change a lot of tires here can't hurt to have some more.

Old 07-05-2023, 01:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Well, I may have to order some. Would it be better to use no power, OR to use power containing corn starch?

I wouldn't use anything mold can grow on. It'll be nasty when you take it apart later, some moisture is going to get in there eventually. Talcum powder, baby powder, etc are mineral based and shouldn't have anything grow in them.

If you only change your motorcycle's tires, you can get probably a life time supply of tire talc for $15 or less. If you can only use stuff from a supermarket for some reason, use baby powder.

Old 07-05-2023, 04:47 PM   #28

I've used gold bond powder in a pinch. Not sure if it's ideal or not, but I have never found anything growing in my tires either.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-05-2023, 04:52 PM   #29

An alternative to using powders to fit tubes and prevent pinch flats might be liberal silicone spray.

Old 07-05-2023, 05:09 PM   #30

My tire is still safe on a dry road, so I'm not in a desperate hurry, so I went ahead and order some Yardley brand talc. I got this one in the link, and last night it was $8.80, basic $1.00 per ounce. I could have got some perfumey smelling varieties for just slightly cheaper, but I figured I would get the regular men's kind, and possibly use some on myself.LOL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G4...b_b_prod_image