Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2023, 05:02 PM   #1

Angry CEL no code

So yesterday I left the girlfriends house around 5am in 40° temps when about a mile up the road I pull into the gas station and as I downshift the bike completely loses engine power. Takes a few minutes but it started back up but with the CEL on. I decided to ride a mile to the next gas station that was better lit and had a larger lot. I tried doing the 2 quick key stroke and third stroke leave on multiple times and no code. I let the bike sit for about 10 minutes while I searched the bike to see if I could see anything; nothing out of the ordinary. I started it back up and the light was gone. I rode home about an hour away without any more issues. Later that evening I rode back out to her place and zero issues in 70° temps.
Today is about the same temp as yesterday and it happened way more frequently on the ride home. First time was near the second gas station as before, then 3 more times cruising around 55mph. Each time I had to wait a couple minutes before it would fire back up. Same time I just went to go around the block and it died going 30mph and downshifting from 4 to 3.

Where should I start looking for as issues as I can't get the CEL to flash when I try key stroking or what's the proper way to do it? I've tried Killswitch in both positions and feel like I've tried every speed of stroke possible. Do I have to pay 500$ from TXPS for the OBD2 scanner or does anyone have a link to a cheaper solution?