Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2023, 12:34 AM   #1321

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Went for a night ride over to my daughter's to help with a project. Just after sundown when I left. I was wondering if my headlight worked. Then I wondered if it was aimed at the trees. Nope. Anyway after all was done it was full dark for the return trip. Jeezus. Glad my night vision is decent. I have little pocket flashlights brighter than low beam. I think my turns signals are brighter. On actual dark country roads I had to ride with one hand so I could cover the speedometer with the other as the glare from it was overpowering what little light I had on the road.
High beam, ehh. Was aimed too high to help. Not big on using high beam in any case. I lowered the aim after I got back but didn't go back out to test it. Doesn't matter, low beam is too dim no matter where it's aimed.

I remember someone saying they had found a decent replacement bulb but couldn't find exactly which. Someone else recall right off?

Also I seem to having some engine surging at steady throttle cruise. Cutting back actually, like tapping the brake. I guess that means I am NOT done tweaking the carb.
I put in an AUXITO 9003/H4 LED bulb from Amazon. Twice as bright as the original. Actually useable at night. I was contemplating putting in a whole new housing, but the bulb does the trick for now. For some reason the high beam and low beam are switched around though, high beam switch turns the low beam on for me.

Old 05-12-2023, 01:48 PM   #1322

Thanks. Saved my lazy butt from having to look up what it took. I looked it up as a Google search and saw that exact one at Amazon. However I'm not super fond of Amazon so looked a bit more. In the "What did you buy?" thread a guy mentions trying out "Temu", so I gave that a shot.
Turned up these for dirt cheap. https://www.temu.com/subject/n9/goog...cache_id=ggqhi

Knowing there's a good chance they are no better than what I have and possibly won't fit in the housing even, I threw six bucks at them. We'll see. If they are a no go I know where to get one that will fit. Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2023, 06:43 PM   #1323

Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the rev limit on the TempX? It looks like 10k? Ive had up to around 9k and still didnt hit a limit, just curious... thx

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-13-2023, 08:33 PM   #1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I will probably get into this next Winter. I will start with the rear sprocket. At 49 teeth, there is lots of room for gearing upwards! But what I'd really like to do is just get a water cooled ZS 300cc or 400cc engine and get to work adapting that!

There's a 4 valve 300cc liquid cooled engine on AliExpress listed at $1,257.25, $640 shipping. They posted a schematic along with many pictures, so I can check measurements on the existing 249cc engine connections to the frame. If it all lines up, the Templar X frame should have no problem handling the additional power.

Attachment 27179

That price includes a PWK34 carburetor, electrical parts kit(CDI,Coil,Relay,Rectifier). The electrical parts could be swapped out or just saved as a backup. It isn't obvious if the ignition they include has hotter spark then the OEM Templar gear.
Thumper, Have you done any more investigation into this? A guy who blew up his motor is asking...

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.

Old 05-14-2023, 06:12 PM   #1325

Jetting

Hey I wanted to bring up more jetting discussion. I just changed to a 38/115 combo at 4000 feet. Starts and idles well, throttle seems crisp and it almost completely took away a little quick snap throttle bog. I'm thinking this should be on the lean side at my altitude but next size up seems too rich and I can't lean it out with the pilot screw. Anyone at around 4000 feet that can compare?

Old 05-14-2023, 10:05 PM   #1326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooker89 View Post
Thumper, Have you done any more investigation into this? A guy who blew up his motor is asking...
It won't fit. Here is your direct replacement engine:
$519 from ebay

Click image for larger version

Name:	6SpeedCounterbalanced1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	29204

Name:	6SpeedCounterbalanced2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	29205

Old 05-14-2023, 10:07 PM   #1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greathouse View Post
Hey I wanted to bring up more jetting discussion. I just changed to a 38/115 combo at 4000 feet. Starts and idles well, throttle seems crisp and it almost completely took away a little quick snap throttle bog. I'm thinking this should be on the lean side at my altitude but next size up seems too rich and I can't lean it out with the pilot screw. Anyone at around 4000 feet that can compare?
If you have the original carb, the airmixture screw will need to be drill out (cap covering it).

Opening this (flathead screwdriver, SMALL) adds more AIR in this OEM Youall carb. I closed mine down to ~7/8 turn, but I have 42 pilot, 120 main.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:39 AM   #1328

Quote:
If you have the original carb, the airmixture screw will need to be drill out (cap covering it).

Opening this (flathead

screwdriver, SMALL) adds more AIR in this OEM Youall carb. I closed mine down to ~7/8 turn, but I have 42 pilot, 120 main.

What altitude are you at?

Old 05-15-2023, 08:53 AM   #1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greathouse View Post
What altitude are you at?
~800ft. But keep in mind that there is a little variability in the jets. Your best airmix screw setting might be a little different even at the same altitude!

Old 05-15-2023, 03:54 PM   #1330

Quote:

Opening this (flathead screwdriver, SMALL) adds more AIR in this OEM Youall carb. I closed mine down to ~7/8 turn, but I have 42 pilot, 120 main.

I am also running 42 pilot, 120 main, no shim at the moment and with the heat and humidity here at the moment the bike is liking that, and I have a 122 on order to play with later on. But my air-mixture screw adjustment is different. So there some variability in the piece per piece coming off the assembly line as likely to reason for variability. Take two exact same brand and same model of carbs out of their boxes and they can have two different tuning settings, close to each other but the fine settings will be different to make up for the variability between them.

So @Greathouse this is why we have recommended starting jetting sizes and airmixture settings but you are expected to do some fine tuning for your specific piece off the assembly line at your location.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 05-16-2023, 01:58 PM   #1331

Templar X 250 Parts

Whats up guys new to using forums but i have the new Templar X 250 6speed and its awesome besides shipping scuffs and the heat shield from the exhaust coming off from a simple tac job to fix im already at 900 miles and havent had a single issue and if you have one or the xpro titan 250 i have some brand new parts for sale if your interested if your warranty ran out brand new stainless exhaust system and foot pegs email me if interested ill give ya a good deal rathmanfamilyllc@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ECF6ADE8-27C2-40E1-BC71-C494A610535F.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	29224   Click image for larger version

Name:	4D2ADE78-2A2F-4162-A696-0AB0386E228B.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	29228  

Old 05-16-2023, 03:19 PM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigsWardon2K View Post
Whats up guys new to using forums but i have the new Templar X 250 6speed and its awesome besides shipping scuffs and the heat shield from the exhaust coming off from a simple tac job to fix im already at 900 miles and havent had a single issue and if you have one or the xpro titan 250 i have some brand new parts for sale if your interested if your warranty ran out brand new stainless exhaust system and foot pegs email me if interested ill give ya a good deal rathmanfamilyllc@gmail.com
What is the part number on that exhaust crush gasket? It's upside down in the pic !!!

Is that a replacement exhaust system for the Templar X?

Old 05-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #1333

Fyi: stock, there is no crush gasket, was ready to pop a spare one in but no-go

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-16-2023, 04:33 PM   #1334

Hey guys, been reading through this thread - multiple times. I should be getting my bike in tomorrow. I did get the MCO and BOS in the mail yesterday.

Of course, it lists "Off Road" on the MCO and BOS, so I have contacted powersportsmax and am hoping they will oblige me as they have for several of you on here.

I did get my insurance company to figure out how to insure it. Less than $50 a year. So now I am going to play the waiting game on the MCO and BOS before I head to the DMV.

I'll for sure let you all know how it goes!

Old 05-17-2023, 07:50 AM   #1335

I did get an email back from them, so that is nice. I forgot to mention the Bill of Sale in my first email to them, and when they replied they indicated that they had already contacted the MSO Department. So I am not sure if the MSO Department will send just a new MSO or a new BOS also.

I think I can play off the BOS with my DMV. Long as the MSO is good then I should be ready to ride.

Honestly, I did buy it to mainly ride off-road and trails. However, getting to some of the trails requires short highway/street runs and some of the trails up(I am in Northwest Arkansas)in Missouri require a bike that is licensed and registered. No "dirt bikes" allowed up on some of those.

So I really do need to be able to get this thing tagged. Hoping it all works out. This is one of those times I am glad I went straight through Powersportsmax instead of going through a third(?) party like Amazon.