Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2023, 12:42 AM   #1

Thanks for the post.
To add to the jet types the thread is 5mm x .8mm.
Now that I see what i should have had to start, it makes some sense because while mine did come with a 95 main, the slow jet was a 38. go figure.
I bought my jet sets based on those numbers so I have mains up to 150, so I am covered there, but the slow jet set is 30 + which from the below is far too large.

Anyone have a source for slow jets sets in the smaller area so I can get at least the stock 15 , 17.5, 19? I got 12 of the 30+ for like 10 buck but can't find anything with the smaller sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
FWIW, here is a baseline setting for the VM22 Mikuni-clone carb that uses these Mikuni jets:

22mm Mikuni-clone carb - #95 main jet - #15 pilot jet
UNI pod filter - #100 or #105 main jet - #17.5 or #20 pilot jet – fuel screw at 2 turns out – jet needle clip in the 3rd or 4th position.

All settings are based on an elevation of Sea Level. All air filters are oiled with PJ1 foam filter oil. All air or fuel screw settings are made in ¼-turn increments at a time to see how the adjustments affect the engine. All main jet, pilot jet, screw adjustments, and jet needle clip positions will have to be adjusted for your particular area.

A Baseline setting is used as a point-of-reference only, so you can return to the baseline setting and start over, if need be. Again, all fine-tuning adjustments will have to be made for your area.