Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2022, 10:52 PM   #1

Found this today.

So after lots of digging and talk with various manufacturers and aftermarket shops, I've found out that the Templar 250 base model shares the same entire frame and suspension with the Trailmaster TM31X, but instead of the 223cc bike found on the TM31X, the Templar shares the same 249cc motor as the GPX FSE 250e and 2022 Orion RXB250L. Any modifications that you can do to a trailmaster TM31X frame or suspension can be done with the Templar, and all the same engine upgrades you can do for the 2022 Orion RXB 250L or GPX FSE 250e can be done to the Templar too.
Edit: the Frame is made of 4140 Chromoly high strength steel courtesy of MotoTec

Old 10-14-2022, 12:07 AM   #2

Pretty cool. I've got a Templar M on the way.. supposed to arrive the 18th.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #3

I thought it was an aluminum alloy. But at least it is larger oval shaped on the main cradle area with lengthy welds. And the headset is BIG! It really makes it stiffer than the standard round tube frames. That is important for stability, especially with a heavier guy like me

I am going to figure out how to replace the linkage on the rear shock to drop it by ~inch and a half. I don't need it to be quite so high (I don't race!).

Old 10-15-2022, 03:13 PM   #4

When I was putting my Templar X together, I noticed the dog bones are really simple, basically a chunk of flat bar with two holes, and rounded ends. I don't remember if longer or shorter is what you need, but it's pretty easy to take the bolt out (the one that hold the dog bones to the knuckle) while holding up the rear of the bike and see how much difference you want. I'm not sure that mild steel flat bar is good enough, but it would be OK for height testing.

Old 10-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathn View Post
When I was putting my Templar X together, I noticed the dog bones are really simple, basically a chunk of flat bar with two holes, and rounded ends. I don't remember if longer or shorter is what you need, but it's pretty easy to take the bolt out (the one that hold the dog bones to the knuckle) while holding up the rear of the bike and see how much difference you want. I'm not sure that mild steel flat bar is good enough, but it would be OK for height testing.
Excellent idea. I have some lighter 3/16" x 3/4" bar. Perfect for testing lengths.

Really. thanks!!

Old 03-28-2023, 11:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdano2022 View Post
Así que después de mucho cavar y hablar con varios fabricantes y tiendas del mercado de accesorios, he descubierto que el modelo base Templar 250 comparte todo el mismo cuadro y suspensión con el Trailmaster TM31X, pero en lugar de la bicicleta de 223 cc que se encuentra en la TM31X, el Templar comparte el mismo motor de Cualquier modificación que pueda hacer a un cuadro o suspensión trailmaster TM31X se puede hacer con el Templar, y todas las mismas mejoras de motor que puede hacer para el Orion RXB 250L 2022 o GPX FSE 250e también se pueden hacer al Templar. Editar: el marco está hecho de acero de alta resistencia 4140 Chromoly cortesía de MotoTec
Having heard this, I still don't decide between an xpro titan or the TM31

Old 03-28-2023, 01:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZequeDo View Post
Having heard this, I still don't decide between an xpro titan or the TM31
With the X-PRO Titan you get 21/18" wheels and more tire choices. You also save a couple hundred dollars for mods. Just my .02. Thanks to kcdano2022 for the info.

Old 03-28-2023, 04:53 PM   #8

So did that open up options for aftermarket headers for the Templar? Would dearly love a non-catted one.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”