Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #646

When I tighten my rear axle the left side of the disk rubs hard enough on the brake pad to make the wheel turn semi hard. I put a large washer just inside the right side of the swingarm and that solved that problem. Also just got a 14 tooth front sprocket on and with the 40 tooth rear sprocket, it goes pretty good. Still works good off road and even better on road. Love the lower seat height and how smooth it is. Any one figured out how to disable the "pull in the front brake to start it" feature yet?

Old 09-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #647

Amazing thread.... and,

PowersportsMax.com
Thank you for choosing Powersportsmax.com (Maxpro LLC.).
Your order number is We appreciate your business. Your order will be processed immediately and will ship out within 3 business days. You will be notified......

go internet go!

Old 09-05-2022, 08:48 PM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslfrk View Post
When I tighten my rear axle the left side of the disk rubs hard enough on the brake pad to make the wheel turn semi hard. I put a large washer just inside the right side of the swingarm and that solved that problem. Also just got a 14 tooth front sprocket on and with the 40 tooth rear sprocket, it goes pretty good. Still works good off road and even better on road. Love the lower seat height and how smooth it is. Any one figured out how to disable the "pull in the front brake to start it" feature yet?
Do you know the dimensions of the washer you used?

Old 09-06-2022, 07:14 AM   #649

Riding my Templar yesterday with my son-the check engine light came on and it shows every gear (except 1st) as being 6th.
Still runs so….?
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 09-06-2022, 08:11 AM   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Riding my Templar yesterday with my son-the check engine light came on and it shows every gear (except 1st) as being 6th.
Still runs so….?
Interesting. didnt know there was a CEL on this bike. generally you need O2 sensors on FI engines for that type of diagnostic to happen. You may want to disconnect the battery and re-connect and see if that fixes the issue. Keep us posted.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 09-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #651

Quote:
Still runs so….?
Try disconnecting the wire that goes to the sender in the transmission. That won't fix the gear indicator but if the check engine light goes out, then maybe it's just the sender. I think there are six contacts on the rotating gear shifter. Maybe they're based on Resistance. If so maybe a short could make it stick on 6th gear

Old 09-06-2022, 04:26 PM   #652

Quote:
Still runs so….?
If your sender is bad I have a spare. Let me know.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:13 PM   #653

AjjAxx84, the washer I used to space the rear axle was the same size that came with the bike that goes up against the nut on the axle. Something that I had in my junk drawer. Tomorrow I'm loading it on the front of my truck camper and hitting the road for a few days to find some new back roads. Really looking forward to it.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:17 PM   #654

Dslfrk, thanks! I had the same issue. I just loosened the bolt up in the mean time and it fixed the brake drag

Old 09-06-2022, 10:57 PM   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I know this bike is Enduro, but installing/removing this rack is a 20 minute or less process, and this is a counterbalanced engine. I will remove the rimlocks and maybe even get the wheels balanced. So my 5 speed will be the enduro, and my new 6 speed will be the adventure tourer. Personally, my idea of an adventure tour bike doesn't mean 500+ pounds to lift if I fall over on the "adventure". This bike could be perfect!

Thumper thanks for the requesting the back pannier rack from PSM. Seems we share the same idea. I've wanted to make the 5 speed an Adventure type bike but the 6 speed will make a better platform.

I've been searching for a side cover exposing the kick starter spindle shaft. I believe it's just a cost cutting measure not having the kick starter on the bike. Really like the back up of a kick starter.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:09 AM   #656

oops...no delete,

Old 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #657

Thanks dslfrk: that washer was needed on the inside of the rear swingarm to remedy the drag on the rear wheel. I added this as a PSA to my review thread. Without that washer its undue wear on the rear hub/brake pad when torqued down

Old 09-07-2022, 08:51 PM   #658

Just got my TempX in today! I just ordered on Sunday Evening! Anyway, during assembly I noticed the bearings in the front wheel do not turn. I think they were pressed in too hard? Any advice?

Old 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRust View Post
Just got my TempX in today! I just ordered on Sunday Evening! Anyway, during assembly I noticed the bearings in the front wheel do not turn. I think they were pressed in too hard? Any advice?
Best course of action is to email the vendor. They should send you replacement bearings or at minimum provide the part number so you can order a set online, bang the old set out and replace and grease

For reference, this was the part # for the Xpro Titan when i had to change out the front bearings but not sure if they fit in the Templar wheel. The wheels do look very similar though:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 09-08-2022, 09:38 AM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Best course of action is to email the vendor. They should send you replacement bearings or at minimum provide the part number so you can order a set online, bang the old set out and replace and grease

For reference, this was the part # for the Xpro Titan when i had to change out the front bearings but not sure if they fit in the Templar wheel. The wheels do look very similar though:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PSM sent me a new front wheel. The one I got with the bike had a cracked right seal mount in the cast alloy hub. I will have to transfer the tube/tire/rimlock/brake rotor over to the replacement. Actually, I think I will build a separate wheel with a different front tire since I want to put a Tusk DSport on there anyway. It was shipped within 4 days (happend over the weekend), and shipping took two days (UPS). PSM was great about it.

Note that the bearings are stiff when new, and the spacer between them is pressed up against them. After installation and you snug up the front spacers against the bearings, it may roll freely.