Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2022, 07:25 PM   #1

Tooobz, Tooobz, Tooobz! Which should I use?

I have four tubes that I bought over the last year or so for the bike. Haven’t needed any of them.

Two of them are Michelin air stop. One of them is IRC heavy duty. And one of them that I got just in case I needed to replace a flat is MMG power sports.

The first one above is a Michelin air stop UHD ultra heavy duty tube. As you can see, its measurements don’t fit my 90/90 19 Front wheel perfectly. It also seems to weigh about 5 pounds. Kind of awful actually. In addition, it doesn’t seem to be rated for riding on the street. It’s for off road.

The second one is the IRC heavy duty. That is a 17 inch. It fits my rear tire. However, it weighs a ton and is very thick like the first Michelin UHD.

The third one is some random one that fits the front wheel a little more closely than the Michelin UHD. It weighs almost nothing at all. It is extremely thin.

The fourth one is the Michelin air stop 17 inch that does fit my rear tire. However, it is a different kind. It’s very thin. It weighs a normal weight which is not much. It is rated for street riding.

So, given these four tubes, which ones do I use?

Personally, I think I would like to have them all be like the last one. Fitting my tire perfectly, Michelin quality and not weighing too much. However, that’s not what I seem to have.

What I don’t really understand is how I have like 5000 miles or so on the original Chinese inner tubes that came with the bike. And I’m even changing the tires a little early. They have performed flawlessly. I don’t want to have a worse performance by upgrading these tubes.

What would be the best course of action given the tubes I have?