Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2022, 06:44 AM   #1

hawk dlx ecu flash source

hi folks,I did the head porting job on my hawk dlx. now i need a source for getting my ecu flashed to alter the fuel ratio. or can i change to a carb and go back old school? will the ignition work if i change to a carb ? o . Or

Old 04-05-2022, 08:25 AM   #2

Have you tried to run it with the ECU as it is, I would think that the O2 sensor would tell the ECU that with more air flow the fuel would be leaner due to a low O2 so it would then increase the fuel injected until the O2 level was to spec.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:49 AM   #3

Run the damn thing. That ECU is a Delphi, made to adjust for any altitude change you can throw at it, which is “air”….. it should be able to read what you’ve had done. It’s not like you’ve jumped into 30+ HP status all at once, and gonna confuse the entire setup. These little engines are docile

Old 04-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #4

its running wicked hot , dont think narrow band o2 sensor has enough range.narrow band only works in low throttle cruise range . o2 sensor doesnt work during acceleration.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by old biker View Post
its running wicked hot , dont think narrow band o2 sensor has enough range.narrow band only works in low throttle cruise range . o2 sensor doesnt work during acceleration.
Stupid question….. Is the O2 sensor ok? Meaning, was it doing it’s job prior to your engine work?

Old 04-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #6

hawk dlx ecu flash source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Stupid question….. Is the O2 sensor ok? Meaning, was it doing it’s job prior to your engine work?
obviously you know even less than i do about by your replies

Old 04-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #7

For the OP. I am not aware of any flash source to tune these bikes. Not a very discussed topic here other than people asking the same question as you.

As for the ECU being able to correct... Modern ECU's with wideband O2 sensors CAN correct, but they can only correct so far and they are always trying to run the base maps programmed into the machine. They are self correcting, but not magical in nature. Modern bikes with way more advanced ECU systems than the DLX still need the base maps adjusted in order to run properly after modifications.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #8

I have thought about the possibility of changing the x-pect back to a carb if there is an ECU failure. I think you would then also wire in a CDI for the ignition system. I am sure if you fitted a carb and removed the fuel injection system the ECU would shut down the ignition as it is not getting the feedback it desires. There needs to be more pioneering done on the ECU systems to bring us up to scratch and I am sure this will happen in time. There is quite a lot of information on this forum regarding ECU hacker and the interface required to hook up to a laptop computer so it would be best to look for that stuff and get an idea of where you want to go.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:39 AM   #9

dlx flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
I have thought about the possibility of changing the x-pect back to a carb if there is an ECU failure. I think you would then also wire in a CDI for the ignition system. I am sure if you fitted a carb and removed the fuel injection system the ECU would shut down the ignition as it is not getting the feedback it desires. There needs to be more pioneering done on the ECU systems to bring us up to scratch and I am sure this will happen in time. There is quite a lot of information on this forum regarding ECU hacker and the interface required to hook up to a laptop computer so it would be best to look for that stuff and get an idea of where you want to go.
thanks for the info guys