Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 AM   #151

Well did 130km (round trip) on the new AMR Stage 2 CDI and have the following to report!

Not as easy as the Stock CDI to start but will start.
More power from bottom end to top end but no new speed records.
I am able to average 110km/h without the need for a tail wind.
On hills I still drop back to 90km/h but this would normally be 80km/h

I do have to re-jet because of the mods that I have made in the past but have just put up with the poor idling and a small stutter at low rpm but will get onto that tomorrow.

Because I am always riding flat out as I mostly ride on the motorway the re-jetting has not really bothered me.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:23 AM   #152

Did you have a look at those performance carburettors at newmanz.co.nz for chinese bikes (more petrol in = more power) also there is a race cdi which has popped up on trade me (search cdi's on motorcycles) specifically for chinese bikes for $29.00 I've ordered, I'll tell you how it works out.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #153

I did have a look but guess I'm not too keen on using more fuel. I found the AMR Stage 3 to advanced for my bike so have listed the CDI on TM.

I also tried the fork oil and have found that makes for a better/safer ride.

Do you know which bike to quote when ordering jets?

Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #154

I didn't know that newmanz.co.nz sold jets only. I tried shineray.co.nz but they don't sell them. newmanz.co.nz sells our type of bike so you could tell them that you have the 200 shineray with a 169fml and they would sort you out. I still think you should get to the point where the bike will do 100kmh in any conditions especially down THAT stretch of road.

For other people reading mebigdave rides down the most notoriously dangerous road in New Zealand because it is so narrow - only one lane each way and very busy - although its probably safer being on a bike because it gives you more room. Mebigdave is hereby renamed Mebigballs.

The carburettor may be the best mod to reliably achieve the consatant 100kmh - one of the cardurettors has a double pump which means that if you full throttle it the carburettor delivers an extra shot of gas when you need it and if you have the other pump of the carby set up right it may not affect gas mileage that much. Another more complicated thing you could try would be to smooth out the intake and exhaust ports.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherboy3
Mebigdave is hereby renamed Mebigballs.
Welcome, Mr. Balls! (I couldn't resist!! I kill myself)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #156

Adjustable universal CDI

Have you Guy's seen this before ?

Adjustable universal CDI

http://ghc.en.alibaba.com/product/20..._/showimg.html

Ran across this on the web.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherboy3
I didn't know that newmanz.co.nz sold jets only. I tried shineray.co.nz but they don't sell them. newmanz.co.nz sells our type of bike so you could tell them that you have the 200 shineray with a 169fml and they would sort you out. I still think you should get to the point where the bike will do 100kmh in any conditions especially down THAT stretch of road.

For other people reading mebigdave rides down the most notoriously dangerous road in New Zealand because it is so narrow - only one lane each way and very busy - although its probably safer being on a bike because it gives you more room. Mebigdave is hereby renamed Mebigballs.

The carburettor may be the best mod to reliably achieve the consatant 100kmh - one of the cardurettors has a double pump which means that if you full throttle it the carburettor delivers an extra shot of gas when you need it and if you have the other pump of the carby set up right it may not affect gas mileage that much. Another more complicated thing you could try would be to smooth out the intake and exhaust ports.

I spoke with Shane today about the 30mm carb http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?...products_id=47
and I may give it a go with the stage2 and see if that makes a difference!