Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2021, 09:27 PM   #16

Damn rodents! You may need to get a cat to protect the KPM.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo102 View Post
As for the battery tray, it’s cut in pieces. I can show a picture, but you can just imagine a small pile of plastic. I had to saw it off. The battery tray and the airbox is one giant piece of plastic. In order to take it out, you either have to remove the back tire and the spring, or just hack away piece by piece till you can wiggle it out.
You can also get it out in one piece by un-bolting the subframe and lifting it out of the way. That's the condition mine is in right now.

Last edited by Coloradogoose; 09-15-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradogoose View Post
You can also get it out in one piece by un-bolting the subframe and lifting it out of the way. That's the condition mine is in right now.
Is that easier than just cutting it out?? haha. I think messing with the frame would be a bit out of my comfort zone.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #19

Quote:
UPDATE:

Well, a rat or something got into my harness, ripped and exposed wires. that directly connected to the ECU. So, I figured I would actually take this as an opportunity and rewire the entire bike (cause why not). I read a lot of good things about using a Motogadget m-unit, so I purchased the m-unit Blue with an m-button and figured I'd give it a try*.

*I know a decent amount when it comes to electrical and automotive components, so the rewiring isn't an issue to me, that's actually the fun part for me.. Utilizing an electrical component that I never heard about until 2 days ago is what could get me to grow anxious. haha

Wish me luck and I will update throughout

Have you watched any videos made by "The Illustrator" on youtube? He used the M-Unit on his BMW. Lots of good advice of what he did on there.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Is that easier than just cutting it out?? haha. I think messing with the frame would be a bit out of my comfort zone.
I think I'm the opposite of you. The electric project you are taking on would scare me, but I've already cut the exhaust up and re-welded it into a mid-mount. Pulling the sub-frame isn't a big deal but re-wiring a bike is way over my head!

Old 09-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #21

I'm interested in that replacement rear fender you have there. Is that just a piece of bent sheet metal? I'm kinda in the same boat at the moment and am designing a new battery tray after removing the whole rear fender. I want to be able to eventually pull the existing air box and stash battery and all electronics under the seat but am not sure how to handle keeping the tire from kicking road dust everywhere, or maybe I just roll without one completely

Old 03-22-2022, 02:36 PM   #22

UPDATE:

Hey all! Alright. Now that I’m done with this semester, I’ve had some time to revisit my bike.

This m.unit is currently… somewhat connected. However, because there are (not surprisingly) very scarce resources regarding putting an m.unit on this bike, let alone modifying a Lifan KPM200, I’ve been pretty much on my own. connecting the lights was super easy. Same with the starter. Sensors and ECU have been reconnected like normal; not even connected to the m.unit. Where I’m currently stuck is I’m not having any spark from the spark plug and fuel is not feeding through. I’ve attached both the OEM diagram and my current wiring setup. I haven't really managed to find a definitive answer when it comes to the ignition. And the closest bike I've found remotely similar is a BMW K100 because of its ICU (I know that the KMP200's ECU is different, though). but Any help would be appreciated.

https://ibb.co/LNNwYSW
https://ibb.co/z6zfctr

Does anyone here have wiring knowledge or m.unit experience? Or know any source that might help (more or less to let me know what I’ve done wrong so far..)

Old 06-11-2022, 05:10 AM   #23

Quote:
I originally had no intention on doing anything to it either, but then I saw the mudguard flap in the rear and saw that the tire wore out most of it out. Wanting to take out what was left pretty much led to what is it now. Haha

As for the battery tray, it’s cut in pieces. I can show a picture, but you can just imagine a small pile of plastic. I had to saw it off. The battery tray and the airbox is one giant piece of plastic. In order to take it out, you either have to remove the back tire and the spring, or just hack away piece by piece till you can wiggle it out.

And I haven’t seen any problems with the battery itself. I bought an Antigravity AG-801. Of all the stock replacements, the biggest consistency I saw was it required a 12V, 9Ah battery that needed around a 750 CCA. The AG-801 was perfect
@geo102 Where did you put the battery after moving it? Can u show us a picture please. In the process of doing the same thing i did. Yours looks great btw. Thanks for the inspiration.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:12 AM   #24

Quote:
If you do end up wanting to switch to clip-ons, 48mm clips with 7/8" bars are what fits. This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X1HPPCP...roduct_details
Man, 48mm? Those are some beefy forks! Been eyeing eyeing the KPM ever since I sold my KPR200. I love the stripped-down look you've got going.