Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #1

New here & Q's on Hawk dlx best place to buy...

Hi folks. Just joined and have done a ton of searches. Very very courteous forum. Good to see all the mutual respect even when answering noob questions etc.

I WILL be purchasing a Hawk dlx for the Maine 2022 riding season. Sadly moving on from my 88 Eliminator 250 :(

My main question is which vendor would anyone recommend buying one from (to have shipped unassembled) and why? I'm leaning towards PowersportsMax due to what seems to be included as opposed to an upsell (paperwork etc) but I'm interested to hear about peoples buying experiences pros/cons. I'm especially curious about friendly staff, customer support, lowest purchase price, and whats ultimately included vs hidden cost...

A side note question: When you search for these Hawks, you don't really see a production year. Even on Amazon, you don't see a 2022 Hawk dlx but rather just Hawk dlx. Are these currently being produced and are production years reflected in documentation for registrations reasons etc

Many thanks to all. Looking forward to getting to know ya

Old 02-23-2022, 02:20 PM   #2

Thumbs Up

Welcome to the group.

I ordered my unassembled Hawk DLX online through TX Powersports and chose PayPal as my payment method. Prior to ordering I called them a couple times to ask questions and was impressed that they answered my call and my questions without hesitation. I was also impressed with the tracking information on their site that accurately informed me of the entire ordering, shipping, and delivery status as it was processed. The MCO paperwork arrived in my mailbox on time as promised. I did have a dent in my gas tank and a puncture/crack in my front fork cover and have submitted a warranty replacement request through their site just today, so we will see how that goes shortly. As for the model year, I ordered on 2/3/22 and received a 2021 as listed on the title and sales order. I don’t have any experience to share regarding other sellers. Hope that helps.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:31 PM   #3

Thumbs Up

Well, I received my new gas tank today to replace the one that was received dented. I sent pictures through the warranty link on the TW Powersports website and received a same day email response that one would be sent from their parts department. So they stood behind their warranty on a costly item.

I am also impressed with CSC Powersports website content including part diagrams, in depth manuals, assembly and repair videos for the TT250 which is similar to the RPS Hawk.
1982 Kawasaki KD80 - (Sold)

Old 03-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the info M.Sportsman.

Heres an update in case this helps anyone as of 3/7/2022. After a pretty thorough search of all vendors I have sent payment and started the order process through PowerSportsMax. I ended up with them by default because the Hawk DLX is basically sold out aka 'pre-order' through everyone else at the time of writing this. TXsports did have them, but their price was $400 more and they seemed to charge extra for warranties, paperwork etc but maybe someone else can verify true/false. Cost for free shipping, paperwork, several 'free' warranties etc etc is currently $1967.95

Interestingly, they only have the X-Pro Hawk DLX. I'm not sure which decal I like the best. Check it out let me know what you think. The X-Pro comes with a cover, blue tooth, and cell carrier. Anyway, at least I'll get the Hawk efi.

I'll update how the sale goes and what experience I have overall and in setting the bike up. Will post some pictures