Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2022, 08:13 PM   #1

As a magician owner

i just thought id throw this out there for anyone trying to decide. The magician gets horrible feedback and everyone knocks on it and with that being said....i scroll through these threads and noticed i dont see ANY questions or threads on magicians with problems. My line of thinking was going for it strictly on looks. In all black i cant tell u how many compliments from ppl tht dont know what it is. They are made cheaper and u never know what that will look like so choose the one u like the most. The magician has same engine transmission and a lot more same as the hawk and its lighter and slightly smaller seat hight which is a must for me. Love being agile

Old 02-18-2022, 08:17 PM   #2

You didn't dig super hard then. I can think of three different Magicians on here that reported broken/cracked frames alone. They aren't terrible bikes, but people tend to avoid them for heavy off road use for those reasons. That and the limited gearing options. I personally love the Magician, but it's a tad too small for my massive body to be comfortable. That is why I have a Hawk.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #3

See you couldnt even let it be. BRING ON THE HATERZ
Ha jus trollin but ya they do have a few issues from the factory like they all do but once you get them all dialed in the seem pretty gr8. Good ole CG beaterz

Old 02-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkMagician View Post
See you couldnt even let it be. BRING ON THE HATERZ :P
Only thing I hate is the small size. I want to ride one! lol
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-18-2022, 09:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Only thing I hate is the small size. I want to ride one! lol
I think they are the only one of the inexpensive bikes that has preload adjustment for the rear shock! A little preload on the front.....some bar risers.....hey you could be in business! LOL

Old 02-19-2022, 08:18 AM   #6

I had a lot of problems getting my Magician to start when I first got it. After adjusting valves, rejetting carb, pod filter, new battery, and cat delete it starts and runs great.

2016 Magician 250

Old 02-19-2022, 09:06 AM   #7

I actually like the idea of the lower seat height and slightly lighter weight or the magicians over the Hawk style bikes. And I would certainly consider one for someone shorter that wants to explore back roads.

My issues with them is the lack of parts interchange compared to the Hawk styled bikes. The engines are the same as the hawks, but many of the other parts do not seem to. Really only an issue when modifying them of if you break something you sometimes don't have the access to parts as easily.

Really, if I found one for sale cheap I'd pick it up for my wife and daughter to ride.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #8

You might be surprised about parts but you cannot get them from the stateside dealers. It appears the Magician is popular at some level in China itself so to get parts you have to order out of China mostly on TAO BAO. I ordered a complete stainless exhaust designed for the bike and it fit perfectly. You cannot say that about many other inexpensive china bikes. One time I saw the plastic battery tray for sale just hard to negotiate the language barrier vendor relationship.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:48 AM   #9

Ya i think all the nad press is due to how horribly set up thy are from the factory i mean it wont even start uf ur tank is t full. After dialed in thyre pretty sweet and ive never had a problem finding parts. Mine is a 2020 so maybe manufacruring is getting better? But see how the gentleman i sists its for gis wife or kid...haha i dont know why smaller= not manly
0lighter= faster and more agile to me. I dont think many are riding across the country on one so comfort isnt that big of an inconvenience we r on motorcycles single engine without balancing shaft afterall.... and anyways all bikes setup for that all have aftermarket parts so? I rode minibikes growing up so i naturally gravitate there i think. Im 511 205 lbs and no complaints 😌

Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 AM   #10

I just wanted to say that you said you couldn’t find any posts about Magicians having problems ,I bet that’s because there are only 10 or so Magicians on this site ,compared to literally hundreds of Hawk owners the sample size is extremely small .With the gas tank and frame failures ,I bet the Hawks have had no more than the magicians ,which unfortunately doesn’t paint a pleasant picture for the Magician .Its too bad ,I also like the looks of the bike ,but am too large for it and I like dirt bikes and it doesn’t work there either .I think it’s perfect for a smaller person looking for a local commuter bike ,like a scooter .That being said ,it’s not hard to fix the frame or the tank ,and sourcing the sprockets just takes a little time so no reason the bike can’t be enjoyed cheaply for many years .

Old 02-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #11

I keep hearing the frame is different but also seen some say its the same. Itd b nice to get some clarification on tht issue. I ride mine hard AF and never had any welds brake or any problems have even ridin it on mx track. You know what they say about assuming right? Once again ill reiterate they are made from the same exact company as the hawk (rps) They are ALL made with corner cutting and theres just no telling jow that will manifest. With that being said i also didnt get mine off amazon i picked it up when i was in texas from a dealer already assembled and got to pick out the nicest looking one in person. Im not by any means ttying to say its the best, far from it, just dont think it deserves all the bad pr it gets

Old 02-19-2022, 02:25 PM   #12

Not sure if you are saying you think it’s possible the frame might be the same between a hawk and a magician ?the answer is definately no ,the Hawk has a single large tube under the tank ,the magician is a perimeter frame made with two very small tubes one on each side of the tank ,there is no backbone tube under the tank .Totally different animal .

Old 02-19-2022, 04:03 PM   #13

The Hawk's frame design is as far as I can tell a copy of the Honda NSR/Bros frame. The Magician's frame appears to be a Chinese homegrown original which at this price point tends not to be a recipe for success.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:13 PM   #14

The magician is a Yamaha Tricker clone .

Old 02-19-2022, 04:18 PM   #15

https://images.app.goo.gl/DEja3CkWnc87KEff9

Hopefully this works