Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nospark View Post
JerryHawk250 Thanks, That seems to be the case with all of ones I looked into that carry TBR7's. If missed the consensus on this forum for a good dealer to buy a TBR7 from, I'm disappointed. Q9 Powersports, in Madison, WI is closest to me here in Milwaukee. When I called and spoke with them I didn't get a good vibe and reviews I found on Q9 were largely negative, as were the others. Biggest factor, Q9 has no TBR7 inventory. As you point out, it's hit or miss. Would the probability of success be higher somewhere else? If I knew of a place , and they had inventory, that would have certainly been factored in. I contacted a place in GA that had great YouTube ads and 5 great reasons to buy from them. 1 yr. later, they don't carry Tao Tao anymore. For me, the 5 reasons kinda lost their luster.
There's only a few reputable dealers that I would deal with. Venom Motorsports, Brozz250 and CSC would be the only dealers I know of that back what they sell. None of them sell the TBR7 though.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-26-2022, 04:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Bruces, Seems I have two options, Cancel my order with TXPS and buy from another source that provides a higher probability of success and has a new model TBR7D in stock, or do nothing, which I'm good at, and hope I have a good experience with TXPS.
Texas members who have dealt with TX IN PERSON have had decent experiences, as far as what has been reported. If you are close enough to Q9, I would go in person. Negative reviews for most any of these dealers tend to be for mail-order experiences.

Powersportsmax has had some okay reports from members over the years and they show the bike in stock (they only post bikes on their site when they are in stock), BUT you may or may not get a straight answer as to whether the TBR7 they sell is the 'D' model or not. https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/21921

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-26-2022, 04:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Bruces, Seems I have two options, Cancel my order with TXPS and buy from another source that provides a higher probability of success and has a new model TBR7D in stock, or do nothing, which I'm good at, and hope I have a good experience with TXPS.
Is there an alternative to TXPS you believe is consistently delivering high levels of customer satisfaction for a new TBR7? I have to the phone calls to TXPS I made earlier today b4 order placement were answered by a human who was kind and very helpful. I can not say the same for my experience with Q9 in Madison.
I just noticed the title of this thread , “ TBR7 purchase “ ,which would be why I never bothered to even look at this thread in the first place .I like dirt bikes ,and those shit wheel sizes ruin the bike for any off road riding .I have no idea where to buy one ,I just know where not to buy one from ,unless ,like Culcune mentioned above ,you can pick it up in person .Hopefully you were able to use motochees’s coupon for $50.00 off ,he should be ashamed of himself for promoting the worst scum bag retailer in china bikes history so he can get himself something for free .If you really want a tiny wheel bike ,did you look at the Brozz from Peace ? a nice bike and a seller with integrity who will be there if something doesn’t work out .

Old 01-26-2022, 04:43 PM   #19

Used to be Q9 drop ship their bikes from where? Carrollton Texas probably the same warehouse as RPS. If you go that route I would ask them if they have any in stock to look at.

Wherever, whomever, when the shipper delivers it have them wait while you take the cardboard off and inspect it. If it is seriously damaged refuse delivery! Stop payment. The first clue for damage is holes in the cardboard box from a penetrating object often a forklift.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Just ordered a white TBR7D from TX Powersports through their website. Will update regarding delivery and condition as delivered. Their website claimed to have 7 in stock. The girl I spoke to on the phone also said they had stock. I ask her to clarify that meant in their Texas warehouse. She said yes.
if you have them do the assembly/PDI for you, it greatly reduces the chances of you getting a damaged bike
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 01-26-2022, 07:07 PM   #21

I got my son's TBR7 from shopapmc (dotcom, Don Hopper). He sold me my Bashan Storm about a year ago, and that went smoothly. The new TBR7 (2021) is at the depot now. My son and I are going to get it on Friday since his school shut down because of over 200 staff and teachers are out sick.

But Don probably doesn't have stock now. There is a contact link there on his website so you can ask. I know some people have their own opinion about Don and shopapmc, but he has been 100% for me. That said, the Storm came undamaged and on time in the crate. We haven't picked up the TBR7 yet, but I will try to get my son to join and start a thread. Either way, I will post some pics of the uncrating and info on the new TBR7.

We have all agreed that we are basically on our own with these crate bikes so nospark... if you get an undamaged TBR7, you will be in exactly the same place as the rest of us. So I am not sure what to say about "issues" with TXPS unless they don't deliver after the sale. I have no experience with TXPS, so can't say.

Don is showing stock on the Bashan Raven at $1319. It is a 5 speed 230cc "250" without electric start. And NOW, he is showing stock of 2022 Bashan Storm at $1799. I will bet it is just like my 2021, but with inflation! Comfortable seat on the Storm.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:19 PM   #22

Don is a good guy. That's who I bought my Hawk from in 2016.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #23

Someone mentioned up thread that some bikes come with smaller 19" F and 17" R wheels and that tires can be hard to find in those sizes.

I've never had a bike with those sizes, so I decided to look on eBay (because it's easy) to see what's available in those sizes. I quickly saw a pair of Sinko 244 dual-sport tires for about $130 for a 19/17" set. That's the exact type of tire I'd plan to run on any of the bikes mentioned here.

So, those wheel sizes aren't an issue for finding tires. I'd be more concerned about having small wheels if riding off-road, but they would be fine if you're mainly riding on paved roads.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:59 PM   #24

TBR7 Should I build it myself?

Looking to purchase a New Model TBR7.... probably from Tx Power sports...

New to this.... Should I build this myself or pay the extra money?

How long would it take?

Old 01-27-2022, 07:13 PM   #25

nospark have changed chain and sprockets,bigger carb jet 125,new exhaust,new knobby tires.have never adjusted valves, but going to do so soon. Good luck with your new bike.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:14 PM   #26

Markj build yourself

Old 01-27-2022, 07:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark J View Post

How long would it take?

If you assemble it yourself you'll be more confident to maintain and repair it later. Brand new spanking clean bikes are fun to put together. Old dirty broken bikes aren't nearly as enjoyable.

With the money that you'll save by assembling it, you can go shopping for a few new tools to do the job yourself. You'll have them for this bike, and all the bikes that will come later.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark J View Post

How long would it take?
Txpowersports is a dealership you should investigate further ,search “Manny” on this site as he is the lizard that owns the place .

Old 01-28-2022, 09:41 AM   #29

Thanks for all the good input. It makes sense to inspect the bike well during delivery as much as I can and refuse it if something is damaged. Seems I'm going to be a current test case for a TXPS buying/customer service experience. I'll continue to update with on my TXPS experience if others show interest. They said 5-7 days to process the order and 12 - 15 days for delivery. We'll see if an undamaged TBR7D shows up within 15 days.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Thanks for all the good input. It makes sense to inspect the bike well during delivery as much as I can and refuse it if something is damaged. Seems I'm going to be a current test case for a TXPS buying/customer service experience. I'll continue to update with on my TXPS experience if others show interest. They said 5-7 days to process the order and 12 - 15 days for delivery. We'll see if an undamaged TBR7D shows up within 15 days.
FYI- The top cross members on the steel crate framing on a new TBR7 I opened up yesterday with my son created minor gnarling on the fork oil caps (these are not inverted front forks) and the black writing on part of the ignition surface area had been rubbed off, just behind the fork caps... Also, there was evidence of similar, but milder rubbing on the seat by a steel cross member on the top as well. That forward cross member should have been mounted farther back (there is a slot, and it was at the front of the travel, right over the shock caps). We didn't get any further, but we did inspect the plastics, and no scratches or damage. We will go through the parts this weekend and verify it is all there. It came with a sealed battery (had to fill my battery when the storm arrived last year), but the battery was below 11 volts. I set it on a floating charger, and it was a green light this morning.

But there was no rubbing on any engine or frame parts as far as we got. The front fork is still pinned in the crate framing.