Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2022, 05:32 PM   #1

Oh No Heeeee's back

40 years later I bought myself a CSC TT250. Total newb again!! WIsh me luck!! Thanks for the add!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg csc_yard2.jpg (183.0 KB, 126 views)

Old 01-15-2022, 08:14 PM   #2

Welcome, I hadn't owned a bike since the 80's when I bought my Magician. In the interim I had ridden 4 wheelers and snowmobiles and put a lot of miles on bicycles.

2016 Magician 250

Old 01-15-2022, 08:37 PM   #3

Nice bike to get back out on.
Why do so many have that lower plastic chain protector guards on backwards?
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-15-2022, 11:22 PM   #4

Thx! I didn't realize. I bought the bike used from. The upper chain guard is also missing, not sure why.

Old 01-16-2022, 12:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2t2t250 View Post
Thx! I didn't realize. I bought the bike used from. The upper chain guard is also missing, not sure why.
The bolts either vibrated out and it fell off, or it just broke because it's not exactly a high strength item. You will notice many Hawks missing their upper chain guard as well.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-16-2022, 07:21 AM   #6

Kool Looks like ours ! I put the TT250 jet kit in it as it sounded anemic and soft for a 250cc to me ( it was) I also live at 3500ASL ... I also drilled 6 1/2" holes in the flat plate under the muffler cap so it could actually breathe a little better, and I took a hole saw and cut out the center of the cap a bit bigger so that exhaust could get out....
that helped with the crispness of the bike quite a bit !
I've put on just over 200 miles on it to break it in for my Kid but the Kid hasn't shown much interest in it at all.
My RX4 just got here 2 days ago and I am really impressed with it....
I was shocked at how well it handled ! i did not expect that at all ! but for my 30" inseam it is too tall so I have lowered the preload all the way and I'm waiting on handle bar risers to off set the handle bars a bit so I can raise the front forks in the tripple trees 2" or so to lower the front end... that will help alot on my touching the ground I am sure.... right now the rear is lowered because of the change in the pre load but the front is stock and the headlight is pointing at the very top of my 6' fence in the back yard some 60' away.... so no night riding till that is fixed !
I've dubbed my RX4 "Miss Piggy" because of her weight ! so far though I am really glad I got her !
Bob......

Old 01-24-2022, 08:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
Nice bike to get back out on.
Why do so many have that lower plastic chain protector guards on backwards?

I got mine in November of 2021 and it had the guard on the correct way, they at least knew better on mine!

Old 01-24-2022, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
but for my 30" inseam it is too tall so I have lowered the preload all the way and I'm waiting on handle bar risers to off set the handle bars a bit so I can raise the front forks in the tripple trees 2" or so to lower the front end... that will help alot on my touching the ground I am sure.... right now the rear is lowered because of the change in the pre load but the front is stock and the headlight is pointing at the very top of my 6' fence in the back yard some 60' away.... so no night riding till that is fixed !
I've dubbed my RX4 "Miss Piggy" because of her weight ! so far though I am really glad I got her !
Bob......

How exactly does one lower the overall height? I have a 32-33" inseam, and the balls of my feet are firmly planted on both sides. Nothing super uncomfortable, with my right foot on the peg I'm easily flat footed on my left, but if I could get even like a half inch to a full inch lower without having to spring for the $250 lowered seat, I'd be super happy. When I finally get to a little off roading I feel like it'll be real easy to fall on uneven ground.

I was just worried about throwing off the balance of the suspension, as I have no clue what I'm doing.