Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #1

Why is every front rim out of stock!? (Hawk 250)

It finally happened, I slammed into a curb and my front rim is ruined. I'm uninjured so it's not the end of the world. I go to buy a new rim and everywhere I find one it's out of stock
The only one I found in stock is for an Apollo bike, would that fit on my hawk?

Old 11-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #2

That's because most people don't check there spokes for proper tightness when assembling. Part of maintenance is to check them on a regular basis. Loose spokes will allow the rim to flex more than is should and that's usually when they fail. My Hawk is over 5 years old and road off road regularly. Never had a rim or spoke failure.

Pretty much any 36 spoke rim will work. You will have to lace them up or have someone do it for you.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WSWK4B...ding=UTF8&th=1
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #3

This is probably the same.

https://cscmotorcycles.com/oem-parts...y/front-wheel/

Old 11-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
This one is 1.4, and the stock is 1.85, there isn't too drastic of a difference between those right?

I'm looking at a chart and it seems like it'll fit right, but I dont think I can return it if it doesn't

Man, I definitely learned a lesson about turning today...

Old 11-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #5

Are you looking to use your existing spokes & hub, or buy a complete wheel?
You could ask CSC it your spokes will fit in the rims holes, seems the Hawk has a bit larger spoke in it.

If you're looking for a complete wheel, you'll need to check that the speedo would work with this hub and the hub width is the same so your axle/spacers will work. I will measure mine since it's off at the moment, the CSC wheel is matte black 21" x 2.15" speedo is digital.
Hub is 92mm from outside bearing race to outside bearing race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cscwheel.JPG (193.4 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by DualSportDude; 11-10-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #6

Hmm, seems like I have no choice but to get a rim and then lace it myself

It just so happens that I wrecked my rim when all of the pre-built hawk ones went out of stock... Any idea where I can get some spokes?

Old 11-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #7

I happened to stumble across a brozz rim that was in stock for fairly cheap. Got it for 90 plus a spare tube, waited a few days for an email, and of course... it was out of stock. The only options I have are the one linked above and lacing an empty rim myself.

I'm fully willing to use either one but research has been absolutely useless. I can't find the spoke size for the hawks front wheel, and I can't find out if the tt250s rim is compatible. Apologies if I sound really whiny, I'm just very upset that I haven't been able to figure this out

I'd prefer to buy an assembled rim but I will definitely learn how to lace a rim if I must

EDIT: might be able to measure the spokes myself, my wheel is bent like a taco but there may be a few spokes good enough to measure still

Old 11-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #8

For the CSC answer you need to pull the taco and look at it compared to the CSC rim above. If it looks like that and the measurements are the same, it will work.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
For the CSC answer you need to pull the taco and look at it compared to the CSC rim above. If it looks like that and the measurements are the same, it will work.
Will do, thank you for helping my stubborn behind. I'll edit the post as soon as I get those measurements

EDIT: I got my digital speedo a few days ago and used the speed sensor cable to measure it, so far so good. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take the taco off and measure the rotor side. I'm imagining (and praying) that this option works. It's been three days and I'm already missing the fun

EDIT 2: taco off, the rims are identical save the funky rotor shape on the TT250 but that's not important. Gonna call csc later and ask them about it.l

Last edited by GoldenBoy1704; 11-09-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #10

The Brozz rim is 19” if I am remembering correctly , compared to the 21” of your hawk ,so no good .

Old 11-08-2021, 07:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
The Brozz rim is 19” if I am remembering correctly , compared to the 21” of your hawk ,so no good .
I did some research about that, lead me to a post on this forum saying the 19 inch brozz wheel would fit. doesn't matter anymore anyway, the TT250 wheel is what I'm looking at

Old 11-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #12

More headaches....

I just found out the TT250 has inverted forks, and in a post on this forum it said that it probably won't work. There was no confirmation about this

I'm ready to just chance it, feeling pretty good cause the measurements are all the same. Just in case though, does CSC take returns?

Old 11-09-2021, 09:30 PM   #13

I’ve looked at pictures of the Hawk rim and don’t think the CSC rim is going to work. Doesn’t look like your brake rotor has the same bolt pattern & with the non inverted forks not sure if the rotor would line up correctly. CSC also uses a digital speedo, looks like the Hawk is analog, so the speedo gear may not work correctly either. If it all looks the same in the pic, you could chance it but might lose $ on return shipping. I would definitely ask them if you can return it. Double check the brake rotor in the pic I posted, is yours 6 bolts? Unless you plan on buying the CSC rotor also.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #14

Quote:
I’ve looked at pictures of the Hawk rim and don’t think the CSC rim is going to work. Doesn’t look like your brake rotor has the same bolt pattern & with the non inverted forks not sure if the rotor would line up correctly. CSC also uses a digital speedo, looks like the Hawk is analog, so the speedo gear may not work correctly either. If it all looks the same in the pic, you could chance it but might lose $ on return shipping. I would definitely ask them if you can return it. Double check the brake rotor in the pic I posted, is yours 6 bolts? Unless you plan on buying the CSC rotor also.
Mine has 4 bolts, buying the CSC one is fine by me. I found a bunch of people saying buy it straight from RPS who distributes hawk 250s, only problem with that is their website has no option to order parts, only lists. Seems like I'll be making some calls

The digital speedo isn't actually an issue here cause I have one, it's just that the forks are a huge concern

Old 11-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #15

As long as the axle is 12mm and the brake rotor is 260mm it should just be a matter of spacing to have the wheel centered and the brake rotor lined up. It may work with the spacers you have or it may not if the hub isn't the same (92mm outside bearing race to outside bearing race) I keep going back to the speedo gear because it is an integral part on the CSC setup. It's the spacer on the right side of the axle (30mm), it's the dust cover on that side (slips over the hub slightly) and it's the speedo gear so a notch in the housing is in a groove on the fork and the gear itself rides in the notches on the hub. Is this how your speedo gear looks and works?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedogear.JPG (156.0 KB, 127 views)