Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spackler View Post
... One question: Why did you say long torso, is it a long reach to the bars?
Oh, no. I was just going around my elbow to get to my nose--even if someone is tall, if they have an especially long torso, their legs are going to be short, and they probably wouldn't have an issue with the limited leg space. As long as someone doesn't clearly have longer than average legs, they'll probably love the XPect ergonomically.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #17

Just sit further back in the seat, or get used to riding in your daughters dust.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #18

Thanks again for all the great information. I wouldn’t have guessed that about the non efi hawk. Being tall with long legs, I have to think about going with a Hawk over an xpect. Of course I need to be mindful of the build quality comparison too. Meanwhile, the price has gone up at least twice while I’ve been trying to make up my mind.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:06 AM   #19

I picked up a 2020 Hawk, and it is wayyyy to tall for me (I'm 5'9) and could barely tippy toe it. So I put a 980mm shock on the rear and lowered the front forks 3/4". I picked up 20 3/8" inner hole washers to space it out). It's a perfect height now. We also own an X-Pect. The build quality on the Lifan bikes is way better. And watch Motocheez on YouTube. He's had several issues with his Hawk DLX. The only issue I've had with the X-Pect is a tube vibrating in the gas tank (easily bent back).

Old 08-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #20

980 mm shock? That would put your seat at over 6 feet tall!

Old 08-05-2021, 04:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70fstbck View Post
Delaware

Just so you are aware, you cannot register the OG Hawk in Delaware. Your MCO must read "motorcycle" which apparently the Hawks do not. The Hawk DLX (the fuel injected one) will fly, but the original variant will not. The Lifan bikes are OK. The Bashan bikes (Enforcer/Raven, Shark, Brozz, etc.) are also OK.

There is a 4-point-something percent tax on the purchase value, which they define basically however they feel like. When I did my Enforcer they just used my invoice from the place I bought it from.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #22

OK, here's the riding part of my comparison. Today I've gone back and forth between riding the DLX and the Xpect. Again, I"m 6'4" and 230lbs.

The Xpect runs much smoother and much quieter. Like, MUCH smoother and quieter. Did I say how much smoother and quieter it is? The Xpect suspension sags quite a bit when I get on it--at least it seems to sag quite a bit more than the DLX. When I start moving, I have to give the Xpect more gas to keep it from stalling. As mentioned previously, even though it's perfectly ridable, it feels just a little too small for me.

The DLX is significantly louder and vibrates more. (While the DLX is quite a bit louder than the Xpect, I don't consider the DLX to be especially loud). The DLX has noticeably more grunt up through at least 45mph (as fast as I went today) and has a twitchier throttle. The rear brake on the DLX puts the Xpect's rear brake to shame.

I very much enjoy riding my Xpect--it feels, refined, and I really like how quiet it is--but given my height and the better low end power of my DLX, I was more comfortable and had more fun on the DLX.
The Xpect is the better bike, but for me, the DLX is more bike.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #23

I also was not very happy with the X-Pects rear brakes, so a small mod made a deal of difference. First the foot pad od the brake lever was not well covered by the ball of my foot due to thebrake lever being bent so as to follow the contour of the clutch housing. I bent the foot part out wards so that it was parrallel to the main section then also drilled a 1/4" holewhere the activater rod and pin connect to the brake lever centered about 1/2"
below the original hole. assembled it all and adjusted the brakes and brake light switch then tested it out. I found that the brake was much more sensitive than before and amm now quite happy with the back brake.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:08 AM   #24

Finally, after lots of thought, I went forward with buying a Lifan Xpect from Powersportsmax. Right now the order is still at their warehouse, so about 9 business days, I guess. Was actually going to buy a used Yamaha from a local beaker, but it was going to cost 4x as much. This will be my first bike and prices of used bikes, like everything else, are so high. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70fstbck View Post
Finally, after lots of thought, I went forward with buying a Lifan Xpect from Powersportsmax. Right now the order is still at their warehouse, so about 9 business days, I guess. Was actually going to buy a used Yamaha from a local beaker, but it was going to cost 4x as much. This will be my first bike and prices of used bikes, like everything else, are so high. Keeping my fingers crossed.
That was a good move.

You may trash your first bike by dropping it, crashing it, having it fall out of a bike carrier. (Ask me how I know... lol).

So less money was smart.

Old 08-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #26

Went for a ride this morning, getting close to 1000 on the clock and with the 17 tooth drive sprocket and standard 46 rear sprocket I can cruise at 60mph at around 7000 rpm. With the TWO i got it up to 68mph at 8000rpm and it would go no further. Does the ECU allow only a max of 8000rpm? I now have a 43 rear sprocket and we will see how that works out. I have checked the lower speeds with a GPS and the speedometer seems reasonably accurate, when I can properly attach a GPS I will again check the speeds.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #27

I received an email from powersportsmax about initial assembly and maintenance. I’ll read it through today and I’m sure I’ll have questions. They mention right up front that you’ll need some mechanical ability. Hopefully I have that. Lol.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #28

Most of your work will be the dis- assembly of the package steel frame to get the bike out. Then it is mostly fitting the handle bars and its equipment then removing the seat and fitting in the battery. Be a little careful with the throttle as some get it back to front and it will only work in the wrong direction, but it is a matter of setting the cable in correctly. Most advise to change the oil before you even run the bike. Also dont forget about the kill switch.