Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #1

New to the forum - Grabbed a '21 TT250 and could use some guidance

Hello all,

New to the forum and Chinese bike in general. Out of lockdown boredom I grabbed a few bikes from Copart to play with and wound up with a 2021 TT250 that got wrecked before the plates came. Forks and front wheel are toast and the rear subframe is tweaked but I think she'd be rideable with a new front end.

My question is - What big four bike is this a clone of (for finding replacement parts)? I'd love be to be able to grab a used set of forks off eBay but am not sure what would bolt up (or at least be close).

Starts up and runs perfectly. Looking at the title info it looks like it was only owned/ridden for a month before being wrecked so I'm confident the drivetrain is good. The other option, if forks become hard is to just part it out - not sure which way I'm leaning at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! You can pick up new parts directly from CSC. https://cscmotorcycles.com/oem-parts/tt250/body-parts/
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-17-2021, 05:09 PM   #3

I definitely second JerryHawk's suggestion to contact CSC.

CSC is one of the few companies that actually operates like a 'mainstream' brand. They have a brick and mortar dealership in California, and ship out their bikes nationwide from there. And they stock parts as any other mainstream brand dealership would.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #4

I'd look over the frame really closely, there isn't a detachable subframe on these, so your frame is probably tweaked. I'd check to see if there is any frame paint that is chipped or cracked before trying to put it all together again, as that likely indicates that the frame is warped/bent pretty good.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Welcome aboard! You can pick up new parts directly from CSC. https://cscmotorcycles.com/oem-parts/tt250/body-parts/
Thanks for the link. After adding up the parts it seems I'd be halfway through the MSRP of the dang bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I'd look over the frame really closely, there isn't a detachable subframe on these, so your frame is probably tweaked. I'd check to see if there is any frame paint that is chipped or cracked before trying to put it all together again, as that likely indicates that the frame is warped/bent pretty good.
I went and gave it a solid check while trying to make a list of all parts needed. Looks like the head tube is a little cockeyed. Guess this bike is destined to be a parts bike.

Thanks guys.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #6

You could swap almost everything over to an XR200, CB/SL100-125, Xl125-185 rolling chassis if you still want to use everything.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSideways View Post
Thanks for the link. After adding up the parts it seems I'd be halfway through the MSRP of the dang bike

I went and gave it a solid check while trying to make a list of all parts needed. Looks like the head tube is a little cockeyed. Guess this bike is destined to be a parts bike.

Thanks guys.
Yup, parts bike might be the safest route! I bought a Honda Ascot 500 at an auction once (looked fine). First time I rode it I noticed it pulled like a mofo, after some disassembly and measuring I found out that the forks, triples, and head tube were mildly tweaked. Would have cost way more than the bike was worth to repair so I ended up selling it for parts. Lol, lost a grand on that deal! I'll never buy another bike at auction...