Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Fantastic!

I lucked out on my TT250 in the same way. It had 1000 miles on it and $600 of aftermarket goodies for $500 less than new, and I didn't have to deal with it being a virgin bike at the DMV.

Other than the typical nuts and bolts checking that everyone suggests, I would go thru and make sure the electrical harness and all of it's offshoots are routed correctly. In the process you may find other things (like the headlight assembly installed in-correctly).

I know this from experience with my RXB150L. The taillight wiring was pinched between the seat and frame. A simple re-routing out under the side plastics and back in solved the issue and that they had all of the connections hanging out under the fender.

The lower "bracket" on the headlight plastic (that the headlight mounts in) was upside down and didn't fit in the locating points on the front fender. Also, the headlight was not secured correctly into the plastic surround/mount.

The wiring was just balled up behind the headlight. I un-plugged everything, straightened it out and re-zip tied it so it all fit better.

If your turn signals or anything go out...it is likely the cheap connectors not being pushed in far enough to make a good contact.

Finally, I believe that this bike has an OHC engine, so accessing for valve adjustment is thru the two ports. Otherwise, the procedure is the same as for the OHV CG engine.

Have fun. Here is a photo of mine....just a "mini-me" version of yours!

Goob

Have the day off tomorrow so will be taking her apart to check all the bolts and wiring looks good for riding. Question since she’s a street bike id obviously have to get her insured to be legal but do they even have a quote for these Chinese bikes??? All the dps around me are shutdown due to quarantine so I can’t even get her registered under my name yet.
2018 Ninja 400 ABS - sold
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-19-2020, 09:38 PM   #92

I was able to get mine covered using The Zebra, took him about 1/2 hour to get policy thru Progrssive for $79 for the year

Old 04-19-2020, 10:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX250BobinTexas View Post
just got it in Mar, its the RX250 but mine has 17 inch wheels, called the DB36 Deluxe, very supermoto style, I got mine from TXPowerSports, but I did buy spare parts (cables) from Orion

is the L model more dual purpose with a rack and such?

I am buying a CRF230L rack and sump guard from CRFSonly.com website and then getting a ralleye style windshield from Baja Designs

so far, with the street gearing, has 530 chain with 17 and 40 sprockets it will do 70 mph, I think it will run better once I put in the 6Sigma jet kit for the DB36 off of Ebay

I would like to start an Apollo thread, maybe I am the only one with one of these so far and its still a new bike on the market, makes OK power for a 250, not that much slower than my DRZ, just doesnt have the ooomph of a 400cc motor with more top end power

getting about 65 mpg so far on the first half tank, only holds 1.5 gallons so that is another question on the L model

must have missed this bike when I was checking them out, the DB36 Deluxe, mine is black, is a great looking bike

Hi! From my knowledge the 'L' is the dual sport version of the RXB250 but no rack or atleast mine didn't have it when I picked it up. It's my first dip into the world of dual sports so I'm not too knowledgeable. I've only ridden her around the neighborhood for now. Need to get it registered and insured to be "legal" first. This bike has tons of torque and is so light compared to my street triple which also has awesome torque. I'm terrified that I might loop it haha.
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-19-2020, 11:37 PM   #94

Quote:
I was able to get mine covered using The Zebra, took him about 1/2 hour to get policy thru Progrssive for $79 for the year
NICE! I'm using Progressive as well for my other bike - added the RXB on and actually was credited for the whole pandemic and removing a bike I sold so I actually didn't have to pay anything extra
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #95

Late to the thread but one observation is, the Orion RXB 250L can only very loosely be called a "dual sport " ., it is more of a dedicated dirt bike with the bare essentials needed to allow it to be plated. It does not come with " a rack " or any other of that type of more true "dual sport" things because a dedicated dirt bike does not have a rack .The RXB is way more dirt aimed and oriented than for street use than any other "dual sport" out there .I guess what im saying is your primary use will be street, i would not get an Orion ,on the other hand if your primary use will be track or trails, then it is the single best choice out there hands down that can also be ridden on the street to get to said trails or track. The RXB suspension is infinitely more adjustable and tunable than the Apollo DB36's or Brozz Recon which are its closest competitors in any real sense in a more dirt oriented sense.For $2k the Orion is just amazingly capable , durable and bargain Bike for what it is and can do .Just make sure that it fits your primary need ,it is underfeatured and uncomfortable for much street use but is magnificent in the dirt.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-07-2021, 05:17 PM   #96

Quote:
just got it in Mar, its the RX250 but mine has 17 inch wheels, called the DB36 Deluxe, very supermoto style, I got mine from TXPowerSports, but I did buy spare parts (cables) from Orion

is the L model more dual purpose with a rack and such?

I am buying a CRF230L rack and sump guard from CRFSonly.com website and then getting a ralleye style windshield from Baja Designs

so far, with the street gearing, has 530 chain with 17 and 40 sprockets it will do 70 mph, I think it will run better once I put in the 6Sigma jet kit for the DB36 off of Ebay

I would like to start an Apollo thread, maybe I am the only one with one of these so far and its still a new bike on the market, makes OK power for a 250, not that much slower than my DRZ, just doesnt have the ooomph of a 400cc motor with more top end power

getting about 65 mpg so far on the first half tank, only holds 1.5 gallons so that is another question on the L model

must have missed this bike when I was checking them out, the DB36 Deluxe, mine is black, is a great looking bike
Nice bike, Goob. Im waiting forr the 19/16 version and a couple reviews on it before I pull the trigger on one.
Where did you get the black tank from? And the black fork tubes? Looks very nice!