Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #1

TaoTao 125-D remote fob removal?

Hi,
I just joined. I have picked up a couple kids ATV’s from a local yard sale as non running projects. The 135-D was an easy restoration. It needed a carb cleaning (after breaking into the non serviceable carb) and a battery.

The 125-D needs a little more work. One of the previous rider kids smashed a rock hard and bend the left tie Rod end threads and bent the plate on the steering shaft. I have parts on the way to repair the front end. While I’m waiting I have been doing as much reading as I could. It seems like the remote start is a power draw and can kill the battery pretty fast. I would like to remove it as my kids are old enough to not need that much protection.

Is there an existing tech sticky as to which wires from the plug on the remote box need to be jumped so that the key will still kill the engine as well as the kill switch. I found some generic posts about removing the box but nothing TaoTao in a broad sense or the 125-D/Husky specifically.

From what I have read it seems I want to find the wire that is to ground, and the wire that becomes ground with the key off and connect those two together? Is that the basic idea? Is there a pin out diagram or color code to look for?

I would also like to do oil changes. I have some 15W-40 rotella for them as it seemed to be best with the shared gearbox. Is the drain plug the one on the bottom or angled to the side. It seems they take .9L so basically a quart of it all comes out?

Thanks for the help!