Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
As far as fuel additives go, I would seek and use non ethanol fuel if I at all possible
I couldn’t agree more on that front. I already use the best quality fuel I can find and at the highest octane they have. I even keep a little on the side in case of emergencies.

I noticed both you and MegaDan are using Marvels Mystery Oil. I love that stuff and use it all the time in my line of work as a gun lubricant. How do you use it with the bikes? Mixing a measure in with your gas like the other various additives?

At what ratio of fuel to oil?

Old 06-06-2021, 12:57 AM   #17

I mix it per the bottle 2 oz per 10 gal fuel. I travel 30 miles round trip to buy non ethanol fuel in 5 gal cans so I pre mix before I go and if need be use a tablespoon measure 2 tbsp or 6 tsp to an oz which figures to something like 1 and 1/5 tsp to a gal so a little goes a long way.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:07 AM   #18

I have a little 30ml (1oz ) bottle I picked up that I carry in my pack for on the road fill ups. I put in about half when I fuel, which is usually only about 2-2.5 gallons, which works out close to the amount he mentions above. You can go a bit heavier without ill effect as well. I used to add the full ounce to a tank without any adverse effects.

One of the main reasons I like to use either of the products mentioned is also because it puts a light coat of oil on the inside of the tank, which helps fight against condensation corrosion.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #19

All excellent points. I believe I’ll start a Marvels regimen with my next fill up.

Old 06-19-2021, 09:48 AM   #20

On a slightly different topic. I'm looking into a basic mini bikes because my wife's son has shown an interest in bikes now that he's seen mine. But in case he ends up not liking the hobby I want to get something that I can use as well for giggles.

I'm looking at mini/trail bikes such as the Coleman CT200u/BT200X/CT200U-EX, the Trailmaster MB200, and so on. I'm aware that there are other "name brands" such as the X-Pro version of the Coleman CT200U-EX.

Anyone have experience with any of these? I'd like something that has a good aftermarket for upgrades. I've also heard something called a "Predator" engine that some mini bikes can be upgraded with.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #21

You can't go wrong with a Z50 clone, refurbished all-new, with a 125 manual 4 speed that's faster and safer than any mini-bike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210504_184550.jpg (45.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 20210515_124806.jpg (34.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20210208_135624resize.jpg (37.0 KB, 52 views)

Old 06-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #22

Thanks for the tip, sadly the boy decided against a mini bike. He thinks its cool, but wouldn't ride it due to fear. Oh well, maybe another time.

On to my ongoing learning experience and my new set of noob questions with fairly easy answers. A couple new things for me to tackle are coming up. I need to get the rear wheels off the Magician and the Hawk to grease up the axles and bearings but I'll admit I'm at a loss and a tiny bit intimidated by these assemblies having never dealt with anything like them before.

Whats the best way to get these rear wheel assemblies apart so I can take care of the maintenance on the rear wheels?

How do I take apart wheel bearings to get grease in them?

How do the chain adjusters work? The Hawk and the Magician are different assemblies.

How does the clutch cable come off so I can lube those up?

How do I adjust the clutch? I've noticed that sometimes even with the lever pulled the bike will want to move forward on its own.

Are the rear shocks adjustable on the Hawk/Magician? I weigh 235lbs and they feel a bit squishy for me.

What size are the spark plugs? I've bought a couple spark plug sockets and none have worked so far, they are either too big or too small.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:16 PM   #23

I'm not really digging the stock rear brake light on my Magician, and it looks like the two pack that I got for my Hawk wont fit the other bike.

Anyone have any experience with this tail light assembly?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...80B8O0KI&psc=1